By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Wardevil gets a new look...

I'll post some info that I'd gathered into past threads of mine at GameSpot and AVS:

From Gamespot back in February, 2007:

Wardevil: Enigma was originally planned for both the ps3 and the 360, but at e3 2006 it was declared to be a ps3 exclusive. This games is one of the most impressive ps3 games I have yet to see, and I can't wait to hear more news on it.

According to ign it was canceled for the 360, but of course, GS is behind the curve, and still has it listed for both systems, even going so far as to only post the trailers for the 360 version.

According to the official Wardevil site, "Revealed for the first time on the Playstation 3 platform, WarDevil Enigma was a technology demo showcasing an early build of the PS3 RTE1080 Engine. Specifically running at full 1080P (1920x1080 - 60 Progressive fps) in real-time, giving a first taste of the power of both the host system & the new Engine." Go here, click Enter > News > Enigma.

The digi-guys team is building this game specifically for the ps3, going so far as to make its own specific game engine built from the groundup for the ps3, specialized to run amazing looking games in full 1080P. This leads me to believe that they will use this game engine to make more ps3 exclusives in the future.

Here are some screenshots for the e3 06 trailer, running in real-time:

Around the Network

From AVS back in October, 2007:

Yes, Wardevil: Enigma has surfaced again, and it looks as stunning as ever. This ps3 exclusive is a hybrid game and HD movie that developer Digi-Guys has been working on for quite a few years. Nothing had been shown of the game since E3 '06, until a trailer was shown behind close doors at TGS07. This same trailer will be made available for download via the Official Wardevil Website later this month. New screens from the trailer have already been uploaded onto the site, and they look gorgeous. The screens are only 720p, but the trailer will be 1080p when it's ready for download.

Here are some of the new screens:

This is real time and reported to be 1080p and 60fps. Also, this game was confirmed to have rumble according to the list presented by Sony at TGS.

Maybie its sony's answer to Mass Effect :O

My god this game looks stunning ... there where actually some rumors about this going multiplatform , but luckily it never happened :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
My god this game looks stunning ... there where actually some rumors about this going multiplatform , but luckily it never happened :)

Actually, it was originally multiplat.  It wasn't announced ps3 exclusive until e3 '06. :)

Around the Network

I wonder if they will go 2nd party or what. I think they are supposed to be a smaller studio.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson