By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom: PS3 harddrive install worth it!

madskillz said:
TheRealMafoo said:
I have a choice if I want to DL it or not, as I have both consoles. I will be getting the PS3 version. How about you madskillz, what version will you get?

360. I am not budgeting 25 minutes of time to install it. LOL, Mr. Magoo. I will probably get a copy from Capcom anyhow ... 

Wow, well I figure with the hours I spend on this site talking about gaming, I can find something to do for those 22 minutes. I am not sure what I will do doing the transitions, as I have no idea how I can occupy myself a few seconds at a time.

If over the course of the game I am going to lose 22 minutes, I would rather have it in one chunk so I can do something else. That’s just me however.

Around the Network
Zim said:
I dislike what Capcom have done because it might tempt other companies into doing it.

Optional install = great, forced install = horrendous idea.

Imagine if a few more games do this. Suddenly you could own merely 4 games and be unable to just pop any of them in and start playing. Want to play DMC4? well you better delete one of the other games and reinstall it. The next week you want to play the game you deleted? Well delete DMC4 and install that!

It's just a bad idea. At 5GB a pop imagine how fast the hard drive would fill up. Especially people with the 20gb drive. I mean if Capcom do this with Bionic commando and lost planet too then suddenly Ps3 owners could already have 15GB full up.

So casual gamer unfriendly it's crazy.

On some level, I agree. Yet, for the cost of one game...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822149067

All of you guys that feels angry about this,are taking for real that every single game in the future will need a damn forced installation,this´s not going to happen,I share with yours this fears,but we have to notice that this´s not a trend yet,and with all people annoying about this,I´ll bet many producers and developers will think twice about this thing,I only feel sorry for the ones at 20GB sku,but anyway,many of them improves for a bigger HD.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822149068

120gig HD for 63 dollars. and i'm sure you can find one with about a 10-15 dollar rebate if you are patient and look.

23 5 gig installs you can fit on it.

And you guys are acting as if you will be playing 5 games at one time.

How often do you play one game then the next day play another and the next day play another and then the next day play another and then the next day play another and then the next day go back to the original game?

With this you save about 7seconds loading times normally and before going to a cut screen you load 3times faster than the compitition.

My whole issue with this is that on the 360 and PS3, the console experience is becoming more like the PC experience. The patches and installs defeat the whole purpose of a plug and play experience

Around the Network

I'm sure with the power of the PS3 - they could have given users a choice then everybody on this thread would have been happy.

Just curious cos I dont have a clue is the reading times off a BR disk slower than a 360's?