By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Psychological profile of conformist people : Why no one should support Xbox One, but some still do

What makes people accept some things like DMR, Always-On, Camera Monitoring, lack or Property?

Lack of reasoning capacity 15 26.32%

Lack of education 3 5.26%

Lack of culture, and knowledge 2 3.51%

Just egoism and conformism 15 26.32%

They have legitimate reasons. 15 26.32%

Results 7 12.28%

Total:57

OP - There's so much reaching/stretching in this "analysis" it's not funny. I don't know where to begin.

* "Publishers and not devs receive the income from game sales" - and they pay the devs. If no one shops at Walmart - all those employees are out of a job. If sales are booming - they hire more staff. If they take a chance on a risky/edgy/niche product line, and it sells well - they get more. This isn't rocket science.

* "MS helped inititate PRISM" - FFS? What? They pushed GW Bush to bring in the Patriot Act (what 10 years ago) , to effectively legalise spying on US soil - and also implemented the "if you don't co operate with the government's requests - through non compliance you'll find yourself guilty of treason" - and came up with the whole PRISM thing, requesting data from multiple US companies - most of which have no connection to MS at all? They must have bought Skype purely as a favour to the NSA. Are you serious? Maybe a little young?

That's enough for now - this is a ridiculous reach of an OP, with very little - to no - bearing in reality at all. This whole argument you're having with an empty chair (such choice quotes as "wrong again DUMMY!:) - is delusional to the point of comedy. Clint Eastwood himself would probably be laughing - "at least I'm not as far gone as that guy!".

Around the Network

JimmyDanger said:
If I was a conformist, I'd be buying a PS4 and slagging out MS in every forum/article available, like the rest of the internet.

As someone who likes games - I'll be buying an Xbox One. And according to the internet - I'm in a small minority.

Since when are minority groups the norm for conformists?

Wow, such a pile of non sense.
Since when conformist attitude depends of the quantity of people?

That was pretty surreal.

I gonna give you an example:

Think about you're working for a company with 9 co-workers more.

And suddenly your boss tell you he gonna decrease the salary of everyone in a 20%, because he consider you guys are getting so much money.

8 of workers are against that and they totally oppose, the other 2 dosn't care because their job is not that hard, and they don't even feel like looking for another job.

Are those 8 conformist because they're more?

So, there you have your answer.

NinjaHanzo said:

JimmyDanger said:
If I was a conformist, I'd be buying a PS4 and slagging out MS in every forum/article available, like the rest of the internet.

As someone who likes games - I'll be buying an Xbox One. And according to the internet - I'm in a small minority.

That was pretty surreal.

And suddenly your boss tell you he gonna decrease the salary of everyone in a 20%, because he consider you guys are getting so much money.

8 of workers are against that and they totally oppose, the other 2 dosn't care because their job is not that hard, and they don't even feel like looking for another job.

He's right though, the conformist position for gamers are present is Pro-Sony, Anti-Xbox.

I support xbox one for the games!!!! even when it had drm.

Ps4 will have my money when sony releases a decent game! maybe Second son or an uncharted or gow

I'm not buying a mediocre shooter no one plays after a week (killzone), not buying a crappy driving game (driveclub), not wasting my money on the worst kids game I've seen in a while (knack)

Sorry but it is because I'm not a conformist that I'm not buying ps4 with its crappy launch games.

FiliusDei said:
I support xbox one for the games!!!! even when it had drm.

Ps4 will have my money when sony releases a decent game! maybe Second son or an uncharted or gow

I'm not buying a mediocre shooter no one plays after a week (killzone), not buying a crappy driving game (driveclub), not wasting my money on the worst kids game I've seen in a while (knack)

Sorry but it is because I'm not a conformist that I'm not buying ps4 with its crappy launch games.

Now take everything you said and add a  MS title in front of it and thats why i'm not buying an xbox, plus all  the bs their fans are happy to accept.

Around the Network

Are we not done yet with these kind of threads?

Maybe the DRM can be bashed a bit but for rest... This conspiracy theory about Kinect, the "always" on when all my devices are already "always on" for years now, etc... And as far as the DRM; I'm already buying most of my games digitally and already said many time how the family plan was awesome for me.

I'm reporting this thread. The 3 first choices are indeed very insulting/disrespectful of this group of people (I'm part of it like many who already replied). Be respectful of other's opinion and stop trying to label them with names like that just because you do not understand their point of view (or do not want to...)

I do think i'm going to shut this thread down. I don't think trolling was your intent here, but it comes off poorly.

Edit: scratch that, read your poll options. Not cool.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

NinjaHanzo said:

JimmyDanger said:

That was pretty surreal.

Yes they are.

Now just to be clear - I'm going on accepted English language definitions here - and not the wishes/fantasies of the OP.

Wiki defines conformity as - "Conformity is the act of matching attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors to group norms"

Dictionary .com defines as conformist as - "A person who uncritically or habitually conforms to the customs, rules, or styles of a group."

So if the majority of the group (this group being gamers - or more specifically - gamers who post on the internet and its gaming sites) are pro-PS4 , as appears quite self evident - I'm a non-conformist.

Or if you prefer - rebel.

You forgot the most important reason.
- Don't feel it affects them, don't care.

Nothing to do with conformism or all the other reasons in the poll. You could call it egoism, but we're talking about a luxury product here.