By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - You Are In Charge of Sony/MS/Nintendo

Nintendo - up wii production, bring out more Wii fit/play/sports games, drop price to $1, buy hundreds of factories and buy MS & Sony, job done

Around the Network

Nintendo: look to increase production to at least 2.5mil/month and get it to over 3mil/month by year-end; look into adding hard drive support, d/lable wii demos, voice headsets...continue letting my people innovate a la wii sports/wii fit

Microsoft: start working on the 720 with full motion controls

Sony: start working on the ps4 with full motion controls

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

If I where Nintendo: I would ramp Wii production by 20%, then I would buy the living crap out of Square Enix, Konami and Sega. Then release more Wii colores, including more Wiimote colores. Then relax as money is printed.

^fazz --agreed about production--to much to fast and you will flood teh stores and drive down demand--not to mention when you have all those factories open you will need to close them back down

Sony- Drop the price immediatley. 100 in america and the equivalent of 50 dollars in both japan and europe. Pay SE to remake ff7 and chrono trigger. Offer to fund games for 3rd parties. Put a motion control device packaged with the ps2.

MS- Fix RRoD and tell the public that its a thing of the past. Buy a small developer or 2. Blu- ray add on.

Nintendo- Increase wii production and make more "hardcore" games to broaden the appeal of the wii.

Around the Network

Nintendo: Did whatever we did during the SNES era with all those exclusives and 3rd party support. Make Super Mario Rpg 2 and many other fan favorites that WOULD sell.

Microsoft: Slightly decrease online payments. Fix RRoD. Buy small independent developers (we have the money). Blu-ray it. Warranty extension (make the people happy :P)

PS3: Price drop. Try to make profit out of that. Suicide.

Understanding is the key.

Do*

Understanding is the key.

Nintendo: Ramp production up to at least 2.5 miillionper month for the Wii. And start prepping for Christmas, I'd begin manufacturing different colours of the Wii to match the DS range for a December release. Be ready to drop the price to $200 along with the new colours. Launch new advertising campaign to convinve other gamers that the Wii is not a kiddies console, and keep up old campaign advertising to the 'casuals'.

Microsoft: Drop the price in Europe and Japan. In Japan, also completly rebrand the product. New design, new ad campaign, new games, new bundles, new price, new logo. Get some of the bigger Japanese companies to release more Japanese games. It's great having Capcoms backing, but it doesn't help in Japan if most of their releases are aimed at the American market. I'd pretty much leave the US as it is for a while, everythings going well other there.

Sony: Cut the 20, 60, and 80gb models. Just leave the 40gb and release a 120gb model. Advertise the 40gb as the casual console, and the 120 as the gamers model. Priced at £250 (40gb), £350 (120gb). Bundle the 40gb with Singstar, and the Playstation Eye. Bundle the 120gb with Warhawk, headset, HDMI cable. 40gb = sixaxis, 120gb = DS3. Also bundle a semi-big game with the 120gb aswell atm, that would be something like Uncharted: Drakes Fortune or Call of Duty 4. Try to get some kind of bundle deal with Take2 and Grand Theft Auto.

Fastrabbit09 said:
Nintendo: look to increase production to at least 2.5mil/month and get it to over 3mil/month by year-end; look into adding hard drive support, d/lable wii demos, voice headsets...continue letting my people innovate a la wii sports/wii fit

Microsoft: start working on the 720 with full motion controls

Sony: start working on the ps4 with full motion controls

as Fastrabbit said.

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

Nintendo- make more factories to increase more productions of wii
Sony- Bring back 20 gb and make it $299
Microsoft- big price drop in europe and japan