By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - You Are In Charge of Sony/MS/Nintendo

What would YOU do if you were in the position to make the big decisions?

What would you do to help each company sell more consoles.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network

Nintendo: up production of Wii's.

Microsoft: lower price of 360

Sony: I really don't know. At the moment, wait it out I guess, and pray to the Videogame Gods things get better.

right now...i would only slightly up production of the wii

right now...announce that the 360 will be supporting the blu ray movie formate/get it to hapen

right now...scrap all the differnt skus of the ps3 and release one model....40g hard drive, new six axis, BC, with 2 free games, for 400--EDIT:also come in five colors-colors--midnight blue, crimison red, bright white, black, and grass green

mesoteto said:
right now...i would only slightly up production of the wii

right now...announce that the 360 will be supporting the blu ray movie formate/get it to hapen

right now...scrap all the differnt skus of the ps3 and release one model....40g hard drive, new six axis, BC, with 2 free games, for 400--EDIT:also come in five colors-colors--midnight blue, crimison red, bright white, black, and grass green

That might be a pretty good idea for Sony. 2 games is a little much, though, I'd keep it at one game. And I'd introduce the colors later this year, if sales don't pick up. Also introduce a slim PS3 around holidays 2008.

Sony - use remaining funds to pirate all of 360's exclusive games, and Wii's developers to develop for SIXAXIS

MS - use enormous MS funds to pirate all third parties. Drop price to $150 to rival Wii's price point. Make XBL free

Ninty - kill the competition by dropping the Wii's price to $99 and purchasing tons of factories ending the console war

Video Game Papercrafts

The only reason Sakurai allowed Snake is because he was already a clone

Wii Friend Code: 2854 9908 3926 2816

Around the Network

Nintendo: Increase Wii production by at least 50% as soon as possible. Invest in games for the Chinese/Korean market in order to try getting brand name recognition there (while selling hardware at a profit in order to not lose from piracy).

Microsoft: Drop prices, especially in Europe. Increase marketing in Southern European countries. Steal more big 3rd party titles from Sony.

Sony: Sack most of the PR people at SCE, in order to stop SCE from shooting its own feet all the time. Reinstate proper BC into a single model, and drop all the other models. Drop prices when possible, but try not to extend the losses any further. Continue investing in 1st/2nd party titles. Try very hard to keep MGS4 and FFXIII exclusive to the PS3.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Microsoft: Discontinue the XBox 360 offering a refund to consumers, break up the company and open source Windows.

Nintendo: Try to join forces with Sony, use the Cell and Blu-Ray to create a PS3 compatible Wii 2 for release in 2010 (should then be much cheaper to produce). Allow Wii-mote driver to be included with the PS3 and ask Sixaxis Wii support in return.

Sony: Continue cost reducing the PS3, focuss on building a cheaper slimline PS3. Offer two PS3 models, one cheap one (cheap Blu-Ray player, cheap PS3 gaming entry model) and a high-end model with all the bells and whistles, including PS2 BC and integrated DVR upgrade option.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

*reads title

I AM?!?!?! AWESOME! WELL, SINCE I'M IN CHARGE I'M MERGING THEM ALL INTO ONE SUPER CONSOLE MANUFACTURER! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA..... (*cough*hack*)

Seriously:
Nintendo: increase Wii production by 75%

Microsoft: Fix the RROD, lower price, steal more exclusives from Sony, and make a better Japanese image.

Sony: lower price as much as possible, get more games with Halo/Mario-like appeal. LittleBigPlanet is a good start.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

the trick would be a casual game and something abit more robust--say...motorstorn, then resistance

also i would try to foster some sort of partnership b/t two of the three major say nintendo and sony togther and piggy backing each other 

Microsoft: Redesign my console, and re-release, fixing RRoD issues, adding functi0nality, and lowering price. Match PS3 price drops, while assuring the public RRoD is a thing of the past. Stop porting games to PC, and try to rebuild trust with your consumers.

Sony: Nothing really, they're finally back on track. Price drop and bundle asap. Advertisements should play up the Blu-ray player and 6 axis remote functionality. A more straight forward add campaign that attempts to restore public perception of the PS3 as a dominant console, and some 3rd party exclusivity agreements.

Nintendo: Move in for the kill. Drastically increase advertising for the Wii in the Unites States to spur demand to epic proportions while not nearly meeting that demand can artificially increase demand for years to come, and buy as many big franchise exclusivity as is fiscially responsible. Match price drops of other consoles past the sub 350 mark. As in, PS3 goes to 300, Wii goes to 200. Advertise component connectivity, while leaving out the 480P part, and when the new colors come out, bundle in SMG/Wii Sports, Metroid/Wii Sports, and Zelda/Wii sports, in Red, Green, and Gold colored consoles.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.