By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo boss calls for more hardcore Wii games in 2008

“…Nintendo has teams working on meeting the needs of more hardcore gamers. The big complaint from them now may be that we’re not pouring all of our resources into that sector exclusively, but I feel that it’s Nintendo’s mission to make both kinds of games. Every experienced gamer today was a beginner at some point, who encountered an experience that made them fall in love with games. "

Full article at: http://www.nintendic.com/news/1787

Around the Network

that would be nice--and i agree with the 3rd party mentality, the DS shows that software can sell on nintendo systems if the game is good enough

More Pit action?

One of the teams must be working on the epic RPG to be announced soon..

Nice article.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Pfff... Long time Nintendo fans are the only hardcores that will get a kick out of this. Hardcore gamers demand much more than what the Wii can produce, I'm afraid.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
Pfff... Long time Nintendo fans are the only hardcores that will get a kick out of this. Hardcore gamers demand much more than what the Wii can produce, I'm afraid.

What? Stealth "Wii is not teh real hardcore" argument? Give me a break.

Riot Of The Blood said:

Thank you, O omnipotent pollster with his finger on the pulse of what the REAL hardcore gamers want Riot Of The Blood.

In all seriousness, the only people who think that hardcore gamers somehow universally hate the Wii are fanboys of some other system.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Riot Of The Blood said:

just like the ps3 can't...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Rephrase that to "gamers demand much more Wiis than Nintendo can produce".