By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - European sales in the future?

Will there be a weekly update  of Europe?

Like the U.S.A sales?

Sorry if this is the fifty thread about it I was just wondering about it... 

Around the Network

i would love to see such a thing happen, or even a monthly chart, what so ever.
but sadly that isn't possible due to each country in Europe having its on laws blabla, all the shitty things.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

The issue is, as far as I know, VGChartz doesn't have a way to get ahold of actual data from these countries in a timely manner. Unlike NPD, MC, Famitsu, there aren't any companies that track and publish data from Europe with numbers. Chart-track.co.uk has weekly data for Europe, but doesn't have actual numbers to use, so its kind of useless. Once in awhile, a few members post data from France, Austrailia, or such every so often. Hopefully at some point ioi can track down their sources and get them to publish their data here. Of course, all this costs money, and I doubt ioi is rich :-p

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Oh pity I would love to see one, now we can only guess.

I believe it's being worked on, but don't expect it for a long time.

Around the Network
ioi said:
I'm glad somebody has asked because this is actually closer to being ready than a lot of people think. We will soon have weekly hardware estimates for "Others" (broken down by region), which will feed into the front page data much like the Japan and NA information does at present. This should hopefully be in place next week at some point. It is unlikely we will start tracking weekly software sales (certainly not per region - too much work) but maybe yearly top sellers or something to give an idea of how the regions perform. We will also be doing sales specials on big titles such as Brain Training in the near future, so look out for that. If anyone has links to press releases and so on for France / Spain / Germany / UK / Australia and so on for different sales (for example end of year, opening week, month) then we can use it to help verify and improve our estimates so post them in here...

Oh I glad I asked it.

Oh maybe I can find the sales for the Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourgh).

It would be great if some people from Sweden, Norway, Poland, Italy, Germany etc...  could find some  sales charts from their country to.

There are Hardware Charts from some countrys, but they always come without numbers.

ioi said:
I'm glad somebody has asked because this is actually closer to being ready than a lot of people think. We will soon have weekly hardware estimates for "Others" (broken down by region), which will feed into the front page data much like the Japan and NA information does at present. This should hopefully be in place next week at some point. It is unlikely we will start tracking weekly software sales (certainly not per region - too much work) but maybe yearly top sellers or something to give an idea of how the regions perform. We will also be doing sales specials on big titles such as Brain Training in the near future, so look out for that. If anyone has links to press releases and so on for France / Spain / Germany / UK / Australia and so on for different sales (for example end of year, opening week, month) then we can use it to help verify and improve our estimates so post them in here...

So almost a week has passed do you have any idea when you will have sales charts?