By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Insomniac reveal Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus. PS3 exclusive.

All hail Insomniac! I hated them after they announced an exclusive game for the Xbox One but after this my trust in them is slightly back! If they can pull a similar game to A Crack in Time my trust in them will be completely back!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Id imagine with FUSE and R&C games not scoring well, plus them being labelled as "traitors" for Sunset Overdrive, id imagine hype for this teaser image has died down somewhat

I honestly think that the R & C games "not scoring well" is Insomnica's continual catering to its audience which is really a good thing.

tres said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Angelus said:
Judging by the things Sony fans have said about Insomniac recently on these forums, I imagine none of them much care.

Don't worry they'll do a 180 and praise how great Insomniac is now, lol.

^this.  its called being butt hurt all is forgiven

How about those such as myself who have praised Insomnica for going third party so more can enjoy their games?

As was mentioned in only one post, All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault were made by their North Carolina studio and not their main Burbank studio. Considering this is either looking like another crossover or a new Ratchet & Clank, I have my hopes and my doubts.

Angelus said:
Judging by the things Sony fans have said about Insomniac recently on these forums, I imagine none of them much care.

who ever bashed insomniac for doing an MS game really lacks class. there is a reason they arent owned by sony and its because they want to be independent. now i am very dissapointed this is a insomniac game because honestly i dont believe they have the quality they used to anymore. ratchet and clank games fell in quality and fuse was just horrible. here is hoping they return to making good games. this is pretty interesting though, a dev working on two different games one exlusive to ms and the other exlusive to sony (assuming for now). 

Around the Network

Genuinely cannot contain my excitement for this.

You know, I've bitched and moaned about Insomniac losing direction in recent years - A4O & FFA were mis-steps, but I never stopped loving the company. I mean, how could I? I can list hardly any other devs that time and time again make some of my favourite videogames of all time (Gateway to Glimmer; Year of the Dragon; Up your Arsenal; A Crack in Time).

I've never for a second slated Sunset Overdrive. If anything, I'm jealous. It looks much more like the kind of Insomniac that I love than anything they've done since 2009. If I were interested in an XBone, I'd buy it in an instant.

So while I'm trying to contain my excitement, the thought of Insomniac working on a mainline Ratchet game again is just... too much. Even then, I had a large amount of fun playing A4O & FFA even if they weren't the games I wanted them to be, so yeah. Looking forward to whatever this turns out to be!

New R&C for PS3.

Probably will have a new image tomorrow with the rest of the black are at the bottom revealed.

NobleTeam360 said:
Angelus said:

Don't worry they'll do a 180 and praise how great Insomniac is now, lol. fact

Sorry to edit your post but let's be honest to ourselves.

Either that or try to ignore the past.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

NobleTeam360 said:
Angelus said:

Don't worry they'll do a 180 and praise how great Insomniac is now, lol.

I'm sure some will, but overall i've never been that impressed by Insomniac's past games. Resistance 3 looked like it was getting there... but they just dont have that AAA title feel to them. Resistance 2 was terrible/fuse waste of time, art style of SunsetO looks poor... perhaps I just don't get their games at all :(

To be honest with you I was a bit disappointed that it was Insomniac and not SSM and a new ip.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!