By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One rumors point to a higher clock speed, but doubtful on increase in RAM

Just to record... two devs in GAF already debunked this rumor but who knows.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=69315701&postcount=149

Around the Network

GopherD ? Confirmed BS then.

ethomaz said:

trixiemafia86 said:

Do you know the corrent clock speed of the PS4 GPU?

1.84 TFLOPS @ 18CUs = 800Mhz

Thx

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

at that point I think we should go with a wait and see approach.... after all we have nothing to lose everything to gain literally....

the real question here is if they want to change things around do they have already the sourcing capabilities for doing so.... the rest is pretty irrelevant since if they do the change it will be only using designs they have tested in R&D and production of the Xbox for launch at that point in time is probably not started.... so yeah it's doable if and only if they can acquire those redesigned PCB and extra ram chips in time to start production.... which I doubt unless they had already planned for an eventual changed initially which is possible since they haven't released officially final specs for the XB one and nobody has been capable of leaked absolute information so far....

So i'd say it's unlikely but perfectly possible if it had been up in the air for a while.... after all they could have been in talks with manufacturers since end of may and are asking now to devs because they have guarantees they can do.... it who knows.... it's MS we are talking about, they have long lasting partnerships and ties in the industry... you don't just say go fuck yourself to MS when they offer you a multi million if not billion contract.....

welcome to bottleneck city

Around the Network

It would be crazy if they did but fanboys would go nuts

clock speed? why would we care about this?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
clock speed? why would we care about this?

Better performance in games and more stable frame-rates.

Overclocking on a similar-ish card:

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/his_radeon_hd_7770_ghz_edition_review,21.html

ethomaz said:

I can see a 50-100Mhz increase but not more than that.... and no memory change.

Xbone GPU @ 800Mhz = 1.22 TFLOPS
Xbone GPU @ 850Mhz = 1.30 TFLOPS
Xbone GPU @ 900Mhz = 1.38 TFLOPS

This increase won't help to catch PS4 GPU power at all.

Xbone GPU @ 1200Mhz = 1.84 TFLOPS

1200Mhz to match the PS4 GPU performance.

7770 cards can be overclocked to 1200MHz and whilst I don't see this happening on the One, I'm not sure why they can't approach 1000MHz.

Scoobes said:

7770 cards can be overclocked to 1200MHz and whilst I don't see this happening on the One, I'm not sure why they can't approach 1000MHz.

7770 card uses a single small chip... Xbone a big complex chip... there are a  big difference between the two like when you increase the GPU clock you increase the eSRAM clock too.