By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I feel that we've yet to truly recognize the chaos that is late 2013

In the span of a few months we're getting Grand Theft Auto 5, Pokemon X/Y, Both console launches, Super Mario 3D World, Monster Hunter (Japan), Call of Duty:Ghosts, Battlefield4, Assassin's Creed 4, Watch Dogs, FIFA 14, Madden 25, Xbox1 launch, and PS4 launch.

Not to mention a huge glut of moderate sized games like 

Rayman Legends, Link Between Worlds, WWHD, Diablo III, Batman, PES, Just Dance 2014 etc. (God there sure are a lot of these)

In this storm of releases, I'm worried that the more obscure games like Wonderful 101 or Tearaway etc will be totally drowned out in this. Dang, we really need to make a list because there are just so many releases.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

We will get pretty busy then, working our butt off to play all those amazing games and new consoles. Hurray!

What does a mermaid wear to math class? 

An algae bra.

Man, I completely forgot about Rayman and GTAV!

Rayman was a Christmas present from last year so it'll be nice to finally get that. I wholly expect to get bored of GTAV like I do with most open world games, but I'll still likely get it.

Isn't the Southpark game still coming out this year?

I suppose The Stick of Truth will come out late this year. This game would be fun and hilarious.

What does a mermaid wear to math class? 

An algae bra.

You forgot about Beyond two Souls.

Around the Network

I don't see any mention of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze in the OP. Extremely disappointing, I must say.

However, I agree. As always (literally always), the Holidays will be a war-zone. Nothing left but blood and bones. (Yuck! What a gruesome image, really!) Maybe this year we'll actually have some surprise, and laughter. Hopefully very much of the latter.

The Wonderful 101 is releasing the same week as GTA V. There is no hope for Nintendo.

This looks to be one of the most glorious gaming holidays in recent memory. I will be buying 8-9 titles. I don't remember the last time I said that.

TheKoreanGuy said:
The Wonderful 101 is releasing the same week as GTA V. There is no hope for Nintendo.

Pfft...yes, by all means let's compare arguably Nintendo's least-likely-to-succeed Wii U title of the entire 2nd half of year to the single strongest multi-platform title (outside of COD) coming to PS360. All for the sake of saying "Nintendo is DOOMED." What I think will be FAR more interesting (and fair) will be to see how a couple of little games by the names of Pokemon X and Pokemon Y do in comparison to GTA and the other "juggernauts" of the holiday season. 

To the OP, I've already realized it...I'm a Nintendo-only gamer, and for the first time ever, even I have more than a dozen games to get (3DS and Wii U) between August and the end of the year. Crazy, exciting, and overwhelming! I'm in college...how am I going to have time for all the gaming epicness?! :D It's a problem I definitely won't mind having!

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

GTA V -> PS4's launch titles. Keep it simple. :)

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.