By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Has anyone tried it..? Have just bought it from eBay for £25 new and sealed including the cable thingy.

Is it any good..?

I'm in the process of re-learning the guitar after a 20 year break.

Around the Network

It comes highly recommended.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

It sucks, the learning method is incorrect and is easier to just learn to play guitar from any free method available on the internet (I had the game BTW, sold it).

It looks good from what I've seen.

Rafux said:

It sucks, the learning method is incorrect and is easier to just learn to play guitar from any free method available on the internet (I had the game BTW, sold it).

How do you mean 'incorrect'..? What's wrong with it..? I've read that some people early on complained about parts of it only having 5 lives but they appear to have upped that to 30 so hopefully that's not going to be so much of an issue now.

Around the Network
snowdog said:
Rafux said:

How do you mean 'incorrect'..? What's wrong with it..? I've read that some people early on complained about parts of it only having 5 lives but they appear to have upped that to 30 so hopefully that's not going to be so much of an issue now.

The best way to learn a song on guitar is to practice in little chunks, first you play slow, clean and precise then build up speed as you master each part (a metronome is a great help) but Rocksmith method is to first give you a "easy" version of the complete song and then a more complex version of the song if you did it right and if you miss a few notes the game downgrade you to the "easy" version again.

Ah, okay. Will see how I do with that I guess, doesn't sound ideal but I'm more interested in addressing my technique tbh. Learning songs is pretty easy if you have even a basic understanding of music theory so I'm not too worried about that.

Am planning on writing a Space Rock Opera based on the Stephen Donaldson Gap novels during the next couple of years. Might also work on something based on Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time novels too.

I love prog rock and concept albums and have always wanted to do something like this but my guitar skills aren't up to it. Really wish I hadn't had a 20 year break from things, I played the bass for a couple of bands during that time but not for long.

I really need to get back to things, might have to get myself a keyboard at some point too.

I have a guitar now for about 3years.
Still can't play something decent. I just pretend I'm a beast on it.

snowdog said:
Ah, okay. Will see how I do with that I guess, doesn't sound ideal but I'm more interested in addressing my technique tbh. Learning songs is pretty easy if you have even a basic understanding of music theory so I'm not too worried about that.

Am planning on writing a Space Rock Opera based on the Stephen Donaldson Gap novels during the next couple of years. Might also work on something based on Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time novels too.

I love prog rock and concept albums and have always wanted to do something like this but my guitar skills aren't up to it. Really wish I hadn't had a 20 year break from things, I played the bass for a couple of bands during that time but not for long.

I really need to get back to things, might have to get myself a keyboard at some point too.

Personally my technique really improved with Michael Angelo Batio's Speed Kills you may want to check it, I wish you the best luck with your projects man and please never stop playing I did for 3 years and I knew something was missing from my life.

DamnTastic said:
I have a guitar now for about 3years.
Still can't play something decent. I just pretend I'm a beast on it.