By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony announcements in Japan. (New pack and colour & The best line-up)

The best Line-up for 3/19/'08 (3.800Y (24 euros , 35 dollars ) )

New packs

Yakuza pack (47040 Y (440 $)) & Grey pack (39980 Y (375 $))

[

Around the Network
Tokyo, February 5, 2008 - Sony Computer Entertainment Japan (SCEJ), a division of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) responsible for business operations in Japan, today announced that it would release PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3®) 40GB model in a new "Satin Silver" color in Japan on March 6th, 2008, at a recommended retail price of 39,980 yen (including tax). "Satin Silver" will also become available for DUALSHOCK®3 Wireless Controller at a recommended retail price of 5,500 yen (including tax).

A new fine metallic "Satin Silver" is offered as an additional color to the existing PS3® (CECHH00 Series) line-up of "Clear Black" and "Ceramic White". Choosing from a broader selection of colors to match their lifestyle and preferences, users will be able to enjoy next generation interactive entertainment contents on Blu-ray Disc as well as via the broadband network at home.

Users will also be able to enjoy immersive game play experience on upcoming PS3 titles compatible with separately sold DUALSHOCK 3 Wireless Controller, including "Ryu ga Gotoku KENZAN!" (SEGA CORPORATION) and "echochrome" ※1 (SCE WWS). SCEJ will continue to further expand the PS3 platform with enhanced line-up of
PS3 systems and peripheral products.

(Kotaku)

[

I want a Satin Silver PS3, I will rebuy PS3 the day that comes out in NA.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Wow, those boxes are even uglier than that Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow Konami's Best box art.

Those boxes are ugly as hell, but the new ps3 looks pretty sweet.
Why does Japan get all the goodies and not the US?

Around the Network

Man, you are fast. I was about to post the new color PS3.
Too bad they still won't include DS3 in the box.

Anyway, wish we can see that in NA soon. Seem like Americans like silver one more than the white one.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Yep. Sony continue to show they love Japan and no one else....

3 colors for Japan already...

I always wanted a satin silver PS3.... to go with my satin silver ps2.
: *(

Now we know why the arcade is being released on the 6th of MArch...........

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Well I am impresed. I was expecting good numbers for the PS3 the week of Yakuza 3, but now I am expecting great numbers. I hope we get some comformation about the white PS3 in the US soon, along with a greatest hits lineup. Greatest hits, or a budget lineup in general, is a big deal for the casual crowd. I have a lot of guys at work that have been waiting for Resistance to either get packed in or for it to gop GH before they plan on purchasing. I think it is kinda the wife factor. Luckly mine is into games so I don't have to worry, but a lot of dudes got to get approval, and GH titles seem to go over a little better.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL