By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ZombiU Was "Not Even Close" to Profitable, No Plans for a Sequel

No one else to blame than Nintendo. They cannot maintain the little momentum the console have after launch and hw/sw droped.

I cannot be mad at Ubisoft after Rayman delay anymore. They did the right thing.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
KylieDog said:
So the biggest selling third party title which was not a AAA budget is not even close to profitable.

...and people wonder why WiiU not getting many games.

Well if the game would have been any good, it might have even sold a lot more then this

Lot of games that arent any good sold well, Ubi's own Red Steel comes to mind

oniyide said:
AndrewWK said:
KylieDog said:
So the biggest selling third party title which was not a AAA budget is not even close to profitable.

Well if the game would have been any good, it might have even sold a lot more then this

Fair enough, and gotta get some credit for really trying to implent the Tablet in good way.

AndrewWK said:
oniyide said:
AndrewWK said:
KylieDog said:

Fair enough, and gotta get some credit for really trying to implent the Tablet in good way.

its not a quality thing, its not even a type of game thing (not much) anyone else who is trying to say that is just simply ignoring the fact that it is a console problem as their werent enough sold that would move this game. Red Steel didnt have that problem as Wiis were flying off the shelf, despite that game sucking hard.

oniyide said:
AndrewWK said:
oniyide said:

its not a quality thing, its not even a type of game thing (not much) anyone else who is trying to say that is just simply ignoring the fact that it is a console problem as their werent enough sold that would move this game. Red Steel didnt have that problem as Wiis were flying off the shelf, despite that game sucking hard.

Of course thats a big fact that no one is buying Wii U so you can´t sell games on it. But if it would have been a Halo quality game then it would sold regardless the console or install base. But a generic Zombi game can´t get that much attention anymore. I hope you understand what I wanna say.

Around the Network

damn Nintendo you suck hard, why can´t you manage a reasnoble budget for 3rd parties

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

AndrewWK said:
oniyide said:
AndrewWK said:
oniyide said:

Of course thats a big fact that no one is buying Wii U so you can´t sell games on it. But if it would have been a Halo quality game then it would sold regardless the console or install base. But a generic Zombi game can´t get that much attention anymore. I hope you understand what I wanna say.

I kind of doubt it, would that game have moved consoles, if it was better? What kind of game would move WIi U? because the biggest franchise hasnt done it(2dMario and COD) so I dont know what would have done it.

oniyide said:
AndrewWK said:

I kind of doubt it, would that game have moved consoles, if it was better? What kind of game would move WIi U? because the biggest franchise hasnt done it(2dMario and COD) so I dont know what would have done it.

Come on thats not fair. A 2D Mario was the laziest thing to do, plus just a few months before the released a crappy 2D Mario game so I guess people had enough of it. And come COD was never gonna move Nintendo consoles. What Nintendo needed was to win the coregamer over, and this wont be done with a 2D Mario game, and those who where interested in COD had already purchased it for other platforms.

Just take Halo as an example the original Xbox has sold like wet shit and Halo still managed to make a shitload of money, because it was the game to get. And Zombi U just isn´t that

I think companies are expecting too much from the Wii U fanbase. If ZombiU was released on the Ps3 and 360 with the same tie ratio as on the Wii U it would have sold 20 million units, and that is a ton for a mediocre zombie game.

Barozi said:

Goldeneye (Wii): 1.76 M / 99.95M = 1.76 percent (better than Xbox360 - 410K / 77.69M = 0.53 percent, PS3 - 630K / 77.95M = 0.8 percent)

Just for fun, the hot new survival horror game against this flawed, unprofitable failure:

ZombiU: 460K / 3.19M = 14.4 percent
The Last of Us (PS3): 1.71 M / 77.95M = 2.2 percent; to reach ZombiU's equivalent attach rate, it'll have to sell an extra 9.5 million copies (more than that, since by the time it'd reach 14.4 percent, more PS3s will have sold). Precisely zero PS3 games not named Call of Duty have even made it to the 14.4 percent benchmark.

First of all you need to shorten the quote trees in the future.

Then some of your examples are not valid.

Godeneye (Wii) was an exclusive game, that came to PS360 much later. It would have been disastrous if the Wii version sold less.

Your ZombiU vs. The Last of Us comparison doesn't make ANY sense. You say that TLOU needs to sell more to reach 14.4 percent, since the PS3 will sell more consoles, but you completely forget that WiiU will also sell more but ZombiU won't sell accordingly. At the end of the gen ZombiU's attach rate will be between 1% and 2%.
Hell at the end of the year it will already go down to ~7%.

That work? Yep, Last of Us/ZombiU isn't a fair comparison. The original claim was that Nintendo owners don't buy mature games, and ZombiU's attach rate among early adopters (supposedly only hardcore Nintendo fanboys have bought Wii U) should be enough to realize that's patently false.