By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin 3 Includes Worldwide Leaderboards, Outputs At 1080p[updated, ingame]

The Japanese box-art for Pikmin 3 has surfaced online and it clearly states that the game features worldwide leaderboards so you can see just how well you’re doing against other Pikmin 3 players. The box also says that the long-awaited game outputs at 1080p, but renders in 720p. Here’s the information that is shown on the back of the Japanese Pikmin 3 retail box.

Outputs in 1080p – Renders in 720p

Nintendo Network: Online Rankings, Miiverse functionality

Controller compatibility: GamePad,

Wiimote+Nunchuck, Pro Controller

Sound: 5.1

White & Purple Pikmin relegated to multiplayer mode only

Source: http://mynintendonews.com/2013/07/08/pikmin-3-incudes-worldwide-leaderboards-outputs-at-1080p

[Updated]

Heres a in-game picture of the game.

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network
anthony64641 said:

Is that a screenshot in-game? MAN I'M IMPRESSED! LOOK AT DEM GRAPHICS!

Does this mean there is online multiplayer for this game? Or is your highest score in challenge mode just going to be put online?

t3mporary_126 said:
Does this mean there is online multiplayer for this game? Or is your highest score in challenge mode just going to be put online?

Online leaderboards means probably just high score leaderboards.

sethnintendo said:
t3mporary_126 said:

Online leaderboards means probably just high score leaderboards.

In that case they should do this for Super Mario 3D World if it can. Or have ghost data you can dl to race or out perform like Mario Kart.

Around the Network
Wright said:
anthony64641 said:

That's what I'm wondering as well.  Looks fucking phenomenal.  Even though there is not too much going on in the scene and if that's really in game then this will really show the power of wii u. I have my doubts, but from the gameplay vids it still looks amazing.

Wright said:
anthony64641 said:

you serious? that's 3D pikmin with real flowers and stuff, not in-game

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

No more purple Pikmin in the story mode?

I suppose it's better. As strong as they were, they removed that fear factor whenever you found a big enemy.

damn I don't like that they removed the white and purple pikmin from the main game :(

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Nice that they're supporting all available controllers. More Wii U titles should follow this example.