By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fracture for PS3 and 360

New game announced by LucasArts for PS3 and 360 to come out in 08, it's trying to push the whole interactive environment and damageable locations and objects (Stranglehold coming later this year for both consoles is pushing that too), it seems that 3rd person shooters are all the rage after RE4 and Gears Of WAr:

http://www.gamesradar.com/us/ps3/game/news/article.jsp?sectionId=1006&articleId=20070502232150405051&releaseId=2007050223848373083

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Promising ......too many shooters tough .Killzone 2 ,Unreal 3 ,Haze ,Half Life 2 Orange ,Quake Wars ,Call of Duty 4 ,Halo 3 ,Turok ,Prey 2 ,GRAW 2 ,now this Fracture ....

Yeah I'm not a big shooter fan, I am gonna get Stranglehold though when it comes out and I find myself preferring third person shooters on consoles to 1st person ones every time...

looks fun.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
If it brings something new to the table and/or has an incredible story and gameplay then it's welcome :)

Watch the trailer and you see whatnew stuff it brings to the table.

Diomedes, I know there are a lot of shooters coming out soon, but this is not coming out until summer 08.

cklmb, i also love TPSs more than FPSs, I don't know why, I guess it gives you character a personality, as you actually see him properly. It also makes it easier implimenting a cover system.

Anyway, I realy like the look of this game, the shooter genre needs a change, and I think this may be one way to change it 

add me

This is one of the games that I was interested in, Its the new american civil war right? if it is then one word: sweet!

Diomedes1976 said:
Promising ......too many shooters tough .Killzone 2 ,Unreal 3 ,Haze ,Half Life 2 Orange ,Quake Wars ,Call of Duty 4 ,Halo 3 ,Turok ,Prey 2 ,GRAW 2 ,now this Fracture ....

the hell is wrong wit you, there can never be to many shooters

there can never be to much of anything!

Here's a more detailed look at the game, surprising to see this much info so long before it comes out:

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3159214

Blue3 said:
Diomedes1976 said:

the hell is wrong wit you, there can never be to many shooters

there can never be to much of anything!

I kinda agree with Diomedes, how long before ppl get sick of shooters(FPS).  There is like alteast one new FPS every month from console to PC.  developer are flooding the market.  I wish they bring more innovative gameplay than making endless clones.