By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTAIV: PS3 vs. 360

I hear that M$ marketing for this game is going to be ridiculous. Especially the exclusive content. Because of the extra systems sold in America I think this will be a 360 win for sure. Especially if Sony doesn't drop the price when the game comes out.

Currently Playing:

Xbox 360 - Rock Band, NHL 08, Skate, Halo 3, Mass Effect

Wii - Mario Galaxy

Around the Network

JAP - this game isn't a "must have", bad sales
NA - million seller for first week (X360), IMHO about 15% of installed base (maybe a little bit better for X360)
EU - same of NA., 15% of base plus a little avdantage for X360 (cheap)

Anyway, i m not so sure that GTA IV will be the best seller of 2008... SSBB had a 20% of installed Wii base (in only 1 week), and worldwide there is over 20M of Wii (IMHO SSBB could be 3,5/4M first week sales)

Caccaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :P

I am the crazy one its seems, thinking that Mario Kart will sell more than brawl.

Just_Ben said:
I am the crazy one its seems, thinking that Mario Kart will sell more than brawl.

I don't know... for sure will be million seller (mario kart), but more than SSBB? for me no.

Caccaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :P

Just_Ben.

I'm crazy too then.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network
Just_Ben said:

I voted Mario Kart as well. Before I looked at the results I thought everyone would be voting for Mario Kart. Then I saw that more people thought GTA4 would sell more on the PS3 alone. It was a WTF moment indeed.

We have already done this before last week, and a few times before that.

*sigh*

/thinks to himself

"Doesn't anyone know how to actually look before they post?"

Xbox360

I sillt dont understand how u can ask such question, it is so obvious

(it is like expecting DMC4 Xbox360 to sell better than the PS3 version in JAPAN ...)

but about the numbers of console it wil move, it is difficult to know since we dont know the "true" content of the 2 versions and since we dont know if MS will make a price drop ...

Time to Work !

By the way GTA IV will sell alot more on the 360 than the PS3. Going by install base of consoles GTA IV sales on 360 will be double those of the PS3.
Assuming the PS3 from now on will outsell the 360, by 100 000 consoles weekly. It will take 70 weeks for the PS3 to catch up to the 360. Highly unlikely lol. I hope 360 drops their price again that could maintain or even widen the gap over PS3.

DMeisterJ said:

"Doesn't anyone know how to actually look before they post?"

if they gave us a search feature, we would use it.