By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will the Wii have as many consoles as the 360 in NA by March 9th?

No, this has zero percent chance of happening. The Wii is still 1.7m behind in America, and that's a gigantic number to make up in a single region. Even if the Wii were to outsell the 360 in America by 150k each week (which it's definitely NOT going to do!), it still wouldn't pass it before March 9. Sorry, but no chance.

I said at the beginning of 2008 that I expected the Wii to pass the 360 in America in early summer. If anything, the slow Wii supply in January has me leaning towards delaying that prediction further, to mid or late summer. Don't get me wrong, the Wii will definitely be ahead of the 360 by the end of 2008, but it's still going to take quite a few months to get there.

Nice to see KGB and Bruceongames still drinking the Sony Kool-Aid...

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Around the Network

Lot of Sony freaks came out of the woodwork for this one... it's kinda sad that when even Wii boosters say "no this can't happen" some PS3 boosters can't be content with agreeing but have to go the extra mile and start the "PS3 will dominate when x" talk.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Anyone saying the Wii will never pass 360 in NA are fools, and most likely ignorant fanboys.

The fact is, Wii Fit will be huge in America. With all the fitness freaks here, there's not a possible chance that it won't be huge. And I can assure you - the number of fitness freaks greatly outweigh the number of hardcore gamers. Wii will obviously pass 360. When, I can't be certain. But it obviously will.

By March 9, it simply won't happen. Nintendo would have to produce enough Wii consoles and ship them to America for it to happen. If they were able to ship enough here, then it most certainly would happen. But we know it won't. It's just not possible for them to come up with that many systems.

I expect a month or so after Wii Fit's release, it will happen. As I said before, I can't be certain, but I believe it'll be then. Brawl and Fit will own NA.

SW-5120-1900-6153