By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever played a game......

Have you ever played a game that got great reviews and you didn't like it. This just happened to me. I got the Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion because I heard good things from websites and my friend said it was his favorite game. I played it yesterday , and just couldn't get into it. I thought it was horrible. So my question is , has this ever happened to you?

PSN NAME : CommonCriminal

Now Playing : The Orange Box , Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare

KH3 Bet :

"I, Badonkadonkhr, risk 1 week ban by claiming KH3 will be Sony exclusive, if I am found wrong, I will also start a thread praising those who were right"

Around the Network

for me it would be Final Fantasy XII, I had read the reviews and was looking foward to it, but I found the battle system beyond boring, the plot pretty generic, and the characters just dull

Grand Theft Auto (any). I still don't understand what's so great about these games. First of all, they look horrible. Not only from a technical point of view, but from an artistic point of view. They didn't give any style to the game. Also, what's up with all the stuff to do? That has always been present, and reviewers always complain when they have too many things to do (they say it's tedious). And not to mention the unnecesary violence.

Gears of War. Most boring hyped "Amazing" game I've ever played.

Call of Duty 4 is only mediocre in my opinion, but I'm heavily anti war and loathe auto regening soldiers and a game that forces you to play only 1 specific way rather than letting you use your natural talents (See holding a button to aim which makes you more accurate while moving and holding than while standing perfectly still by a margin of about 200%. Apparently resting your head on that sight really makes you balance well).

Zak and Wiki is only a meh game, I miss the writing of the puzzle adventure games more than the puzzles of the puzzle adventure games, and Zak was pretty light on the writing front, even if the puzzles were fun.

-Edit-

Reading the post above mentioning FFXII, I'm reminded that on this site, I have a 1800 word essay on why I hated that game. Feel free to search about... 8 months in the archives to find it if they keep them that long.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Gears of war was the most recent one...didnt care for it

Around the Network

I wouldn't say HIGH scores, but LocoRoco recieved decent reviews and I think it is one of the worst games released for the PSP to-date.

Zelda: Wind Waker
Great reviews even a 40 from Famitsu, But I hated the part where I had to find the 8 shards
And I was a nOob zelda player so I didn't get used to it till the second dungeon

I also forgot to mentoin GRAW 2 . I hated that game.

PSN NAME : CommonCriminal

Now Playing : The Orange Box , Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare

KH3 Bet :

"I, Badonkadonkhr, risk 1 week ban by claiming KH3 will be Sony exclusive, if I am found wrong, I will also start a thread praising those who were right"

God of war, ninja gaiden, and half life 2
I think god of war is just awful, ninja gaiden I though was only alright,
and half life 2, frankly I think they took everything that the first one did right and did it wrong, seriously they forced the gravity gun on you, there's no enemy variety, and I didn't find the settings, story, or puzzles half as interesting

on a counter note I really liked Killzone

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mass Effect: I spent 6 hours trying to get into the game. I think the game just sucks.

Cod4: Beat the game and never touched it again. Ended up selling it back to gamestop.