By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Stores to Hold Xbox One Tournaments with MLG

The Halo Council

MLG just finished up this past weekend in Anaheim, California, with what many are saying was the biggest and best event to date in MLG’s long and storied history. Michael Sepso, the President and Cofounder of MLG, gave a press tour this past weekend and dropped some very big news involving MLG and Microsoft through one of the event tour videos. You can watch the video, including what Mr. Sepso had to say, below:

From the video, Mr. Sepso confirmed that not only will Microsoft be opening more stores across the country, but also, that MLG and Microsoft will be working together to bring weekly leagues and tournaments to the various Microsoft stores across the country upon the release of the Xbox One this holiday season.

Right now we know nothing past what Mr. Sepso had to say in the video. MLG and Microsoft are clearly working together right now and in the future for what could be massive for competitive gaming and specifically console eSports.

The Xbox One is set to release later this year, so we will have to wait and see what both MLG and Microsoft have to say on the partnership and their plans for the leagues and tournaments that will be held at the Microsoft stores across the country.

http://www.halocouncil.com/2013/07/02/microsoft-stores-to-hold-xbox-one-tournaments-with-mlg/

Around the Network

Sounds awesome

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Yeah I mean why not. This should be a real cool thing for a lot of kids. Blow it up as big as it can get, a legit league.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

seems like microsoft really tries to get the competitive gamers to xbox. with the dedicated servers, mlg deals, twitch integration so that pro gamers will get a bigger audience and so on...

Seems like a good move

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

geez the press really loves killer instinct

I mean personally it doesn't change my opinion of the x1 as a potential purchase, but I think its a smart move on MS part and potentially beneficial for consumers as well.

1 thing I am wondering about though is will these stores be the micro centers in best buy or another location?

Talal said:

Sundance Giovanni loves consoles and Halo, I'm really not surprised about this. They ditched SC2 WCS for this.

papamudd said:
I mean personally it doesn't change my opinion of the x1 as a potential purchase, but I think its a smart move on MS part and potentially beneficial for consumers as well.

1 thing I am wondering about though is will these stores be the micro centers in best buy or another location?

No i think they will have these along with the actual Microsoft store where the MLG tourneys will take place..It would e crazy to have a tourney at a kiosk inside best buy....This is also a huge marketing push for the Xbox one...

@zizzla:

Thanks for the info! I'll have to look for these stores in case they ever have it hosted in my area. Regardless of fanboyism it is sure to be an enjoyable event!

Talal said: