By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Zelda:TP(Wii) vrs Gears of War

tp gears has way to much competition in its genre and more recent games. tp has nothing truly competing with it so it could sell decent all year

Around the Network
dabaus513 said:
Hands down gears of war, oh whats that? We're talking about sales and not quality? Then zelda.

Next up: Dragon Ball Z versus Friends, Hummer versus Boeing 747, and finally apples versus orangutans.

I assume TP, because Gears2 will kill of sales of Gears, and there are far more new Wiis owners coming in as opposed to new 360 owners.

My only reservation is that all the people that bought it for the GC probably won't rebuy it when they upgrade to a Wii.

TP is the kind of game that will sell 3K a week from 2010 to 2012. I definately think TP will beat it.

I predict that TP might end up at 5.5M + after all is said and done.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

What a strange match up in these 2 games. Anyway I agree that Gears of War 2 will kill all gow sales so TP wins.

Around the Network
elendar said:
What a strange match up in these 2 games. Anyway I agree that Gears of War 2 will kill all gow sales so TP wins.

What if TP passes Gears before Gears 2 is released?

Actually, TP is  WAY past Gears of War because TP has +1 million sales on the Gamecube...

THE NETHERLANDS

elendar said:

These two games are both AAA for their respective console, and they were release at a similiar time.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

dabaus513 said:
Hands down gears of war, oh whats that? We're talking about sales and not quality? Then zelda.

That's your opinion. I disagree. Both games are good, but I'd trade 5 shooters like GeoW for one Twilight Princess, but that's just me.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

zelda will sell more