By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Zelda:TP(Wii) vrs Gears of War

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=The+Legend+of+Zelda%3A+Twilight+Princess+-+Wii&reg2=All&game2=Gears+of+War+-+X360&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=75

I have been following these to games in comparison to each other for a VERY long time. I have noticed how TP has been eating away at Gears of Wars lead for about 6 months...

Ok, The question I want to ask you is in the end which one will have sold more?

I personally think TP will pass GoW sometime during the 08 holidays. I think that TP will actually see a rise in sales from here until Holiday 08. I beleive this because I think that Brawl will bring the type of gamers that would be more interested in TP into the Wii's userbase. I think in Japan we will see a decent change, it might jump back into the top 50 for a month or two(I beleive this boost will be delayed... you have to figure the Brawl gamers will want to settle into that first)

TP will end up doing about 100k in Jan in NA alone and possibly and 50k in others and Japan combined.

Well I stated what I think... Give me yours ; )

(note- I realise TP as a whole has already passed GoW, I just wanted to compare next gen consoles)

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

Zelda will win eventually and I think MP8 will follow (if not get there first)

Well GOW2 will kill off GOW, while we don't have to worry about another Zelda game killing off TP for awhile. So TP.

Twilight Princess will definitely surpass Gears of War.

Hands down gears of war, oh whats that? We're talking about sales and not quality? Then zelda.

Around the Network

Don't forget the Gamecube version which did 1.3 million

我是广州人

Why should the Gamecube version matter?

I'd say Gamecube version shouldn't matter for sales total, species with gears PC commin and all, unless you want to try and track PC versions when we don't.

Also, dabaus513, Gears was an awful boring game. It just has enough testosterone to make little boys feel big for a while, whereas in Zelda, you're a blond fairy. You're either a geek or completely confident in your manhood. Or both.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Twilight princess definitely surpass Gears of war

The main reason I did not want to count the GC sales is because it would be boring to watch considering it has already passed GoW....

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.