By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA Sports Says They Would Develop For Wii U If The User Base Was There

EA Sports boss Andrew Wilson has reiterated the company’s stance on Wii U. Wilson says that the team develops games for platforms with a substantial user base and the Wii U just doesn’t have that at the moment. Wilson then said that they have brought sports games to the platform, but they haven’t sold as many units as the company envisioned. He concluded by saying that if a sizeable gamer base is on the platform in the future, then they will bring their vast array of sports related titles to the Wii U.

“I build for a userbase. I made games on Facebook because I thought people were there that wanted to play them. Then it became apparent to me that either I had the wrong game or they weren’t there. We had a strong offering on Wii U at launch. The platform hasn’t had the take-up. Our games hasn’t had the take-up we’d have liked. So at this moment we are not focused there. Now they could do a range of things that might change that situation, and we’d never count them out. And should there be a sizeable gamer base

Source:http://mynintendonews.com/2013/07/02/ea-sports-says-they-would-develop-for-wii-u-if-the-user-base-was-there/

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network

That begs the question, why support the X1 and the PS4 with an install base of 0? Wouldn't it make more sense to wait for those install bases to grow? I guess this is where Sony and MS money come in

Nintendo and PC gamer

RolStoppable said:
osed125 said:

That begs the question, why support the X1 and the PS4 with an install base of 0? Wouldn't it make more sense to wait for those install bases to grow? I guess this is where Sony and MS money come in

No, EA is doing that service for free. During the Genesis days, Sega didn't have to pay EA to put inferior versions on the SNES either.

EA always hated nintendo?

osed125 said:

EA supported the Wii U at launch, so it's only fair that they do the same with X1 and PS4.

Granted, beyond Need For Speed: Late Port U, EA's Wii U launch support has been rather laughable.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Sigh. No EA, you did not have a strong line-up at launch :/

Around the Network

This is what they said from the beginning it is not a "viable," platform. This is not new.

All this shows me is that if Sony and Microsoft had the same third party problem that Nintendo did, they would go down the toilet as their first party titles are no match for Nintendo's.

1doesnotsimply

So basically, in a year or so EA games will be flooding back to the U?

No surprise.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

FarleyMcFirefly said:
All this shows me is that if Sony and Microsoft had the same third party problem that Nintendo did, they would go down the toilet as their first party titles are no match for Nintendo's.

For Microsoft maybe, but Sony has awesome first party games and has a lot come out at a reasonable rate.

You are supposed to create a fan base for your games within the console user base and build it over time, supporters won't just be there for you by accident. I'll bet EA will complain later by the lack of support on the WiiU. Isn't that obvious?

I feel for Nintendo fans, must be tiring to deal with this nonsense the whole time, it is like an eternal torment that starts with every generation.