By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Recommended PS3 Games

Lair
NBA 08
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire

A few of my favourites, I reccomend you buy them all without research.

Around the Network

So you skipped the PS2? My advice would be to get the backwards compatible one, and play PS2 games for the next year or so. The PS2's library kicks the ass of just about anything on the market ever, and by the time you're done with the very best titles, the PS3 should have quite a few as well.

Playing the PS3 first comes with the risk of you getting used to HD graphics, which will make anything on the PS2 look horrible. That's one of the reasons I'm avoiding HD games until I can get one a HDTV of my own. =P

ikilledkenny said:
@crazzyman
I like most genres, I will play anything if its fun. Don't like Gran Turismo (or racing in general), Final Fantasy can be good (VI, VII) or bad (VIII, XI, XII) for me. I only play shooters if they are excellent.
My favorite genres are fighters, survival horror, RPG, platformer, strategy, and whatever genre you consider Legend of Zelda to be in.
Other things I like are long games, games that are challenging (but not sadistic), and I don't really have a preference on multiplayer vs. single player. I also don't really care about graphics.
Also, is it worth paying $100 more for the 80 GB? I didn't have a PS2, so I'd like to have BC, but that's a lot of money to put down.
Is the PS3 reliable? That was one of the reasons I didn't get a PS2.

The PS is the only place you'll find Tekken (5:DR is cheap if you don't wanna wait for 6), and if you like long games go for Oblivion.

Aj_habfan said:
Lair
NBA 08
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire

A few of my favourites, I reccomend you buy them all without research.

Your favorites?

If you like them so much and recommend people buying them all, then why didn't you buy any of them? 

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Anybody know of any good deals on PS3 stuff in the US?

Around the Network

Devil May Cry 4
Ratchet & Clank
Oblivion
Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Those are probably the best games you can get.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Armored Core 4 Answer
Assassins Creed
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Heavenly Sword
Unreal Tournament 3

Uncharted is easily the best game out, imo. After that, I'd get Resistance and Warhawk, and I'd at least rent Heavenly Sword. I wouldn't outright buy it because of it's short length, but you may end up loving it enough to warrant a purchase.

A couple of people have mentioned Uncharted. What do you actually do in it? What games is it similar to?

totalwar23 said:
Well, Devil May Cry 4 is coming out-of course the reviews say it's pretty hard and you should be a hardcore player to get the most enjoyment out of the game.

I read that the initial difficulties are really easy, but there are 6 to unlock , one even harder than Dante must die