By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Quarter of Brits think Churchill was myth: poll

darthdevidem01 said:
What we aren't that dumb!

This just proves SURVEYS are usually WRONG!

Well, this was published by AFP- Agence France-Presse

I always think the French likes to humiliate the Brits at every possible chance. lol

Around the Network
totalwar23 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
What we aren't that dumb!

This just proves SURVEYS are usually WRONG!

Well, this was published by AFP- Agence France-Presse

I always think the French likes to humiliate the Brits at every possible chance. lol

I agree. 

I seem to recall many of the polls showing how stupid Americans are coming from either France or the UK, also.

The Shakespeare authorship question is a tricky one, and likely to never be resolved, but the arguments against the traditional version (William Shaspeare wrote everything himself) are extremely convincing. I guess you could call it a conspiracy theory, but people mostly use the term as a snarl word for explanations they don't like.

There's a great deal of myths around Churchill, chief amongst them that he wasn't a complete and utter asshole, but it's ridiculous to claim he never existed.

In any case, the results are pretty shocking. It could be that they interviewed a large amongt of immigrants who aren't very familiar with British history, but even so the numbers couldn't possibly be that low. This is Western European country we're talking about here! I'll just go sit in a corner and put bananas in my ears now.

Nebnosneh said:
Is it just me, or are the general populations in western countries getting more stupid?

It's just you.  Populations everywhere, including Western countries, always have been in general rather stupid and ignorant.  People just care more about what celebrity X did last night with celebrity Y for whatever reason.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

elprincipe said:
Nebnosneh said:
Is it just me, or are the general populations in western countries getting more stupid?

It's just you. Populations everywhere, including Western countries, always have been in general rather stupid and ignorant. People just care more about what celebrity X did last night with celebrity Y for whatever reason.

True. Maybe it just seems like it to me because the media is catering to those people more and more.

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - Spinal Tap

Around the Network

Aren't Brits all inbreds? I mean they live on an island. And then Look at Wayne Rooney.

I joke I joke, no offense to those loyal to the inbred crown.

HAHAHA thats funny 23% don't believe Winston Churchill existed!

Thats like a Canadian saying Pierre Trudeau didn't exist, or an american saying JFK didn't exist! It makes no sense.

well i'm guessing they asked chavs, i cant believe englands that crap, i thought it would be a few more years till it got to that level.

Nebnosneh said:

Watch the movie Idiocracy, if you want to know, why countries are getting more stupid. The embedded movie should show the first minutes of the film. (Hope the embedding works ...)

Edit: Seems not to work like I wanted ... Heres the original Link:

http://www.youtube.com/v/upyewL0oaWA

The Americanization of the British Isles is in full swing? It could happen. Just saying. Divided by a common language and all that.