By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Nintendo need more First Party studios?

Does Nintendo Need More First Party studios?

Nintendo is fine just the way they are 14 11.97%

Yes they can't support the Wii U alone 68 58.12%

They can just keep paying... 8 6.84%

I don't care 4 3.42%

See results 6 5.13%

MAKE STAR FOX U NOW! 17 14.53%

Total:117

I think its pretty clear at this point that if you buy a Wii U you are buying it mainly for first party Nintendo games, so the question is can Nintendo really support an entire console with just their first party games, and lets not forget they have to support the 3DS too.  Honestly I think Nintendo needs more first party studios like Retro and Monolith to really boost its portfolio, both those studios have put out some of the best recent first party Nintendo games.  Nintendo has so many IPs that they don't use that are still money makers, so if they had more first parties like Retro  I think we would have a better chance of seeing those IPs return.

On a side note, Nintendo make Star Fox for the Wii U!

Around the Network

No i think they should do more deals with 3rd parties like Sega

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

they should support the ones they already own and not just Mario Kart, Zelda and Smash Bros

Yeah, half of their IP's never get new installments.

This shouldn't even need to be asked. The correct answer is clear as day.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

No. They don't need to create more First Party studios. They just need to invest in the ones they already have and hire more employees to handle things instead of having a small-ish team handle a whole game.

Yes. This recent game drought along with certain studios being forced to work on big sellers is proof of that.

Since Nintendo is the only one out there willing to make Wii U games,,,YES

- scared Wii U-owner

NintendoPie said:
No. They don't need to create more First Party studios. They just need to invest in the ones they already have and hire more employees to handle things instead of having a small-ish team handle a whole game.

If they do that then we will just keep getting more of the same, but if they had some new first party studios I think they could really add some variety to their exclusives, like Monolith is doing now.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
NintendoPie said:

If they do that then we will just keep getting more of the same, but if they had some new first party studios I think they could really add some variety to their exclusives, like Monolith is doing now.

If they do what I said then they can finish games faster and start on other projects. Also, creating first party studios won't stop Nintendo from "doing the same." (Which isn't bad.)