By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ThatGameCompany talks third-party freedom, Xbox One, new game

AmishGramish said:
tiffac said:
Microsoft could throw money their way to make an exclusive Kinect enabled title. TGC seems to be interested in it.

Either way, I hope they succeed and become a successful 3rd party developer.

We're not interested in making exclusive titles.  We already have $5.5 Million in funding from Benchmark Capital to make our next game.

Microsoft *could* pay us for the next game to be exclusive to the Xbox One on consoles, but we'd need to have the option open to make games on iOS, Android, PC, portable consoles, and whatever else that comes out that's not a set-top-box console.

Then definitely more power to ya~!

Around the Network
raygun said:
I've played Flow, Flower and Journey, and enjoyed them immensely. I like games that let you explore, including open world games like Red Dead Redemption and Skyrim, but all the hacking and killing gets old. Is it really the only way to play a game these days? It's good to have a mix of game genres to play, platformers, puzzles, and TGC games which I think of as 'emotional' games, to get away from all that violence. Having said that, I need to get back to TLOU, survival mode....i'm stuck in the museum with no molotovs!

I don't enjoy brutal games, and though I never bought anything on PSN, I am very much looking forward to playing journey. It is in the same type of attraction as SotC was for me. Games that transport me to another world, one of fantasy. It's so sad most games have forgotten that these days, including Nintendo games. Now it's all about the gameplay and the whole fantasy of the games is being lost.

AmishGramish said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Seems like they really wanted out from Sonys hands. I will keep an eye for what they create on xbox one.

We wanted out of console exclusivity.  Sony was great, but it's tough to make games that only a small fraction of the gaming community can enjoy.

As for the Xbox One, we have not announced if or if not our next title will be on the console.  Microsoft would also have to change their rules on self-publishing or bend their rules to allow just us to self-publish on their console.  (This isn't to say that we haven't already struck up a deal, though.)

Are you a dev at TGC?

DeadBigfoot21 said:
AmishGramish said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Seems like they really wanted out from Sonys hands. I will keep an eye for what they create on xbox one.

We wanted out of console exclusivity.  Sony was great, but it's tough to make games that only a small fraction of the gaming community can enjoy.

As for the Xbox One, we have not announced if or if not our next title will be on the console.  Microsoft would also have to change their rules on self-publishing or bend their rules to allow just us to self-publish on their console.  (This isn't to say that we haven't already struck up a deal, though.)

Are you a dev at TGC?

Yes, he is the community manager(i think)