By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Review

It won't because its limited by its genre.

Around the Network
Brianna said:

soul calibur says hi

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

There's barely a shred of doubt in my mind that this will be my favorite console game ever, but I'm still fairly skeptical about review scores. Nobody on Earth is denying that Galaxy is the best platformer in almost a decade, and clearly the purest example of its genre on the market. It says something that Metacritic dismissed all the scores under 90 as trolling, and refuses to list them.

On the other hand, a lot of people have a bone to pick with Super Smash Bros. Most magazines/review sites will probably make their "fighting games guy" review it, and angry fans of the more traditional fighting games (Street Fighter, Tekken etc) are just about the only people on the planet who can manage to convince themselves they don't love SSB because it isn't a "real" fighter. Definitely 90+ average score, but probably not 95+.

Famitsu doesn't just hand out 40/40 scores, SSBB has so many things that the others didn't. Wifi, story mode, stage builder, ect. It could get up in the top 5.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

That was in 1999, theres really no other way the fighting genre can be revolutionized right now, and the standards have gone up.
Soul calibur was also a new game, not a 3rd instalment... because you know how critics like to score sequels lower than the previous game even thought they say the sequel is better.

Around the Network

I completely agree Neos. If those were the screenshots in the article, as I'm too lazy to check the source.. Then I'm going to ignore the review basically, you could've done the same using the dojo updates, probably made a more in depth review just using info from websites and other players. I could write more and use better screenshots using spoiler info >_>

Basically I don't really like this review :P Seems bland.

This wiill help Nintendo (although its doing well)
People will want SSBB soo bad that they have to purchase a Wii helping nIntendo win the Next Gen. Console War after a disapointing loss from it predecessor

this game hopefully will get rated higher than galaxy and higher than OoT

To be honest, i think that all SsBB are better than those 3d mario platformer games. Atleast with SSBB i can play with wario.........at a friends house:D

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Neos said:
Brianna said:

soul calibur says hi

LOL, true :D

By now i've seen two reviews for Brawl and both gave it a 10/10 ( this and famitsu )

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa