By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Fit will be the highest selling game this generation.

No matter which of these games it ends up being, I think the big thing is that most of us agree the best-selling game of the gen (bundled or non) will be a Wii-Exclusive

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I think half of Wii owners will end up owning a Wii Board by the end of this generation. In Japan it has tremendous legs and has been outselling the Wii console for a few weeks. It's only limited by supply right now. I expect Wii Fit to be essentially sold out worldwide until mid 2009. Now whatever happened to that thread with all our 2008 predictions? Can someone find me that link.

Where's John Lucas when you need him??? Well, I know Wii Fit will sell AT LEAST 15 million and *MIGHT* sell up to 25-30 million....If Nintendo markets this correctly, and lots of TV shows air the product it will...

OriGin said:

Mario Kart will outsell Brawl for sure... I don't think they will be even close to Wii Fit.

I'd also bet that Mario Kart will outsell Brawl. Maybe not in the first week, but in the long rung :)

Also, this doesn't include Wii Sports, but it does include Wii Play 

Lol I'll take that bet.

I am really Xeo_842 but I can no longer log in under that name.

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from VGChartz for the loser. 

toke jopic??

Wii Fit does not have the right demographic IMO in places outside japan.
it will sell, but not as good as some of you predict.

Around the Network
___O_o______ said:
toke jopic??

Wii Fit does not have the right demographic IMO in places outside japan.
it will sell, but not as good as some of you predict.

Oh, come on..... Europe eats this stuff up as much as japan does... An NA we are so consumed with our appearances with the right Marketing it could sell MILLIONS.

NA is the only territory I am worried about with this one.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

kitler53 said:
it's a bundled game so you can't count it's sales.

I agree and i also disagree, links crossbow would have sold 10 copies if not for the wii zapper

But "peripherals-(Wii Fit Board)" don't sell systems, games do. and Wii Fit will sell ALOT-O-Wiis

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise

Zeo_842 said:
OriGin said:

Mario Kart will outsell Brawl for sure... I don't think they will be even close to Wii Fit.

I'd also bet that Mario Kart will outsell Brawl. Maybe not in the first week, but in the long rung :)

Also, this doesn't include Wii Sports, but it does include Wii Play

Lol I'll take that bet.

Lets do it.

It isn't a straight away thing, Brawl will certainly start off faster, but I think after 1 year Mario Kart will be in front.

Lets make the bet :)

I have my reasons.

Wii Fit will outsell them both... people don't understand how much Wii Fit will draw the oldies in.

I don't think so. It will sell good, but not outsell sports, or even play. Plus, it isn't out in EU and NA and we don't know how it will be received here. So it's a bit too early to predict that.

No it won't. NOthing can stop Wii Play right now. I bet they could even take the wiimote out of the Wii Play bundle and sell it for $20 and it'd still sell beastly. Most people attribute the Wii Play sales due to the pack in, but less we forget that Wii Play is apart of the same brandname as Wii Sports. That's huge, cause Wii Sports was easily the hottest brand in 2007 which pushed Wii Play to new heights.