By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Fit will be the highest selling game this generation.

ilovetogame said:
it'll be between wiifit and brawl and maybe mario kart.

'ding ding' Bingo, good boy!

Around the Network

I think that it has a chance to beat brawl because it appeals to all ages (mostly adults) while Brawl only appeals to pre teens to teens and maybe 20's

I could see it. (Not counting wii sports.)

Mario Kart will outsell Brawl for sure... I don't think they will be even close to Wii Fit.

I'd also bet that Mario Kart will outsell Brawl. Maybe not in the first week, but in the long rung :)

Also, this doesn't include Wii Sports, but it does include Wii Play 

not including Wii sports + play, then yes, Wii Fit has won and will put out any hope of PS3 making a comeback

Around the Network

It will beat Play, if you look at Japan, Wii fit has stronger legs than both sports and play

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Unfortunatly, it might.

^unfortunately? it's a gaming revolution! Believe IT!

Avinash_Tyagi said:
It will beat Play, if you look at Japan, Wii fit has stronger legs than both sports and play

It hasn't been out long enough to know what it's legs are in Japan yet!

You can't compare early weeks of wii play either, as the base wasn't as large...

That said, it will have long legs...

Including DS?

It will take a long time for Wii Fit to catch Nintendogs. Or Wii Play.

People are really overestimating Brawl. Nintendo have already released no less than 11 games this generation which will remain ahead of Brawl. Sports, Play, Fit, Galaxy, Nintendogs, BA1, BA2, NSMB, MKDS, AC: WW and Pokemon D/P. MK: Wii will be the 12th.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.