By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - There Was A 'Severe Culture Clash' Between Microsoft And Rare

enditall727 said:

Well Chris and Tim( The OG Masterminds at Rare) left Rare in 2007. Kameo and Viva were made while they were still there

It's a harsh when a mastermind leaves a company

Yeah they will group back together Im sure.  Im not really worried about it to be honest.  From recent news Rare is the happiest they have ever been under MSFT so who knows what all they have in the pipelines as you know they are a huge company.  3 teams actually.

Im also curious about that Rusty Pup game going to the WiiU. 

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
I think I have asked this before. So Microsoft owns Banjo, Perfect dark, Diddy kong, and Jet force...and conker?

No matter what, we will never see these guys on Nintendo again? Too bad, Jet Force was a great action/Adventure game that would really help the wii u out. Perfect Dark as well.

Yea, they are MS now. MS would have to be willing to sell those franchises and Nintendo would have to be willing to purchase them from MS. Neither will be happening though.

Even if MS opted to sell them, i believe Nintendo would try to act "too cool" for them.

I find it funny how everyone says RARE is not the same anymore, RARE is dead. New fresh developers are not a bad thing. I am sure RARE can create amazing games if they are given the green light by microsoft.

JayWood2010 said:
DJEVOLVE said:
JayWood2010 said:

Kameo and Viva Pinata are both great games.  Kinect Sports also turned out to be great.  Im hoping KS3 has controller support as well though and not only Kinect. Personally Im excited to see what else Rare is working on. Co-development with Killer Insinct and they have a 3rd game that we are still waiting on. Very curious to what it is.

I liked all of them. I wish they would  come out with another Conker

I loved Conker Live & Reloaded for the original Xbox XD One of my all time fav games.

@Think-Man -  No.  NYCrisis is just known to bash MSFT and tries too hard.

Trying too hard? lol coming from the guy who makes "Unbiased" threads which are blatently pro M$. Silent trolls/flamers are annoying ;) I will support the company/division who has gamers controlling it (Yes it includes nintendo) vs. the suit run shills at M$. 

Rare used to be my favorite developer outside Nintendo. They made some classic games, even outshining Nintendo at times on their own platform with games like Goldeneye, PD, Donkey Kong Country, Diddy Kong Racing.. Now, they're basically just MS's casual division. It's pretty sad really.

Around the Network

As I said before, the Stamper bros. WERE Rare. Nothing like the old Rare

For what they got, MS payed WAAAAAY too much for Rare. Rounding it up that's half a BILLION dollars.

cRaZy

It was a bad deal for everyone. But microsoft isnt the only one that does this. EA in particular ruins alot of good developers. I belive that in time Bioware as we know it will disappear too (its sort of already happening).

demonfox13 said:
Rare ruined comfirmed lol. Oh well, I hope KI is not as horrible as what's being said.

It's actually quite the opposite.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

demonfox13 said:
Rare ruined comfirmed lol. Oh well, I hope KI is not as horrible as what's being said.

Actually all say the new KI is awesome. Where you have this "all say it is horrible" from? Do you have sources for this statement. All KI previews from beat em up enthusiasts I watched and read was really quite positive.