Ubisoft continues to give PC the middle finger as usual...
Almost want to wonder when they'll pull a revitalising move like MS did with PC gaming. EA sorta tried it with C&C and then came back to Steam, but since then they've kinda gone quiet on that end.
I find it funny though, how Ubisoft thought they were being smart over the years with those PC trailers, going on about features that were already a mainstay of PC gaming, or settings that were just too stupidly demanding for little differences. Now they just don't seem to give much of a shit for the platform, so now they'll be taking DLC away from the platform in general, either way that's not a good look for them.
I think the only time I'm ever going to give a fuck about them, is if they:
- Stop being in bed with Epic.
- Come back to Steam.
- Drop all of their shitty DRM practices.
- Stop making all their games identical and live services.
- Started making all their games going forward with PC in mind first (no, we don't need the game to melt our PC's, that used to be a Crysis job, but Ultra settings these days come off as meaningless, so again, no need for "we've got a game that melts all PC's", because no one is going to give a fuck about that boat anymore).
- Stop with PC marketing videos, they are absolute mid 00's level of cringe, and what is mainstay on PC is mainstay. We don't need a fucking trailer for SSR, DoF, FoV, mouse latency, etc.
- Actually preserve your games and don't take shit like single-player DLC offline... For real, I paid for some of your SP DLC and now I'm losing what I paid for.
In the end I don't really expect any of the points above to be met, like at all, because ubisoft are just a really retarded company and have been for quite some time, if not decades. It's a company ran by a French CEO, who nearly shat his bricks when Viacom tried to take over, which turned out to funnily enough...involve Viacom's CEO being a french family rival to ubisoft's CEO, so a bit of absolutely not fucking needed personal beef taken at that time (y'know, like a certain EG CEO, who takes to twitter to act like a total manchild?. Yeah, no one needs to see nor hear that shit from a CEO).
I just don't expect them to change, because they are either way too stubborn tow ant to change or just plain stupid to not notice as to how to change. I know some folks on here are going to take something of an offense to what I've said, but I honestly don't care. Ubisoft are fucking stupid at what they do. The only two games they have going for them so far is R6S and that's old by now and the new Rabbids game.
Last edited by Chazore - on 03 July 2022