By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

LG Display to start production of 27 inch and 32 inch WOLED panels by the end of the year [oled-info.com]

https://www.oled-info.com/lg-display-start-producing-mid-size-woled-panels-demand-tvs-declines

"LGD will start producing 27-inch WOLED panels as early as by the end of October, targeting small TVs and gaming monitors. LGE will be LGD's first customer, and it plans to release its 27-inch OLED display in Q1 2023.

LGD also plans to introduce a larger 32" WOLED panel, which will enter production towards the end of 2022. In addition, LGD will increase production of its ~40-inch panels. LG's focus on smaller panels was already reported a few months ago. The company also demonstrated a 30-inch transparent OLED a few days ago."

MSI’s AMD B650 Motherboards Official MSRP Leaks Out, Prices Starting at $189 US & Most Models Below $300 US

https://wccftech.com/msi-amd-b650-motherboards-official-msrp-leak-prices-start-189-us-up-to-329-us/

XMG introduces world’s first AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D powered laptop

https://videocardz.com/press-release/xmg-introduces-worlds-first-amd-ryzen-7-5800x3d-powered-laptop

Certainly unneeded as laptops are typically GPU bottlenecked but hey... The CPU is the hottest thing in the market right now... Maybe even literately in a laptop form factor.

Samsung targets mass production of 1.4nm process technology by 2027

https://videocardz.com/press-release/samsung-targets-mass-production-of-1-4nm-process-technology-by-2027

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Dead Space Official Gameplay Trailer

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

CD Projekt roadmap:

There's a good amount of info if you click the twitter thread that goes into a bit more detail regarding their upcoming projects. Looks like we will be getting a new Cyberpunk expansion + Sequel. Maybe a spin-off series for the Witcher franchise developed by Molassas Flood. New Witcher trilogy by CD followed by another witcher game by third party. And they are working on a brand new IP.

Nice to have confirmation of a Cyberpunk sequel in the works. Despite a rough start the IP still has tons of potential. The new IP is welcome, too.

Some 4090 leaks from Wccftech comment section as the reviewers sometimes post some stuff:

61C + 3.1 Ghz + 16,384 cuda cores + 509 watts on Air cooling alone is crazy. Obviously these are now 3.5-4 slot coolers so the heatsinks are massive. But least we know the temps won't be the limiting factor when it comes to OC.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

LG Display to start production of 27 inch and 32 inch WOLED panels by the end of the year [oled-info.com]

https://www.oled-info.com/lg-display-start-producing-mid-size-woled-panels-demand-tvs-declines

"LGD will start producing 27-inch WOLED panels as early as by the end of October, targeting small TVs and gaming monitors. LGE will be LGD's first customer, and it plans to release its 27-inch OLED display in Q1 2023.

LGD also plans to introduce a larger 32" WOLED panel, which will enter production towards the end of 2022. In addition, LGD will increase production of its ~40-inch panels. LG's focus on smaller panels was already reported a few months ago. The company also demonstrated a 30-inch transparent OLED a few days ago."

Great news. It's about time they start launching OLED monitors at reasonable sizes.

Captain_Yuri said:

MSI’s AMD B650 Motherboards Official MSRP Leaks Out, Prices Starting at $189 US & Most Models Below $300 US

https://wccftech.com/msi-amd-b650-motherboards-official-msrp-leak-prices-start-189-us-up-to-329-us/

None of them are based on the B650E chipset, but if you're buying a low end card, you won't need to worry about PCIe 5.0. After all, PCIe 5.0 SSDs will be very expensive and won't bring a big jump over the existing 4.0 ones, at least the first gen. And if PCIe 4.0 is enough for the 4090, it will be enough for whatever mid-range card you may buy during the lifespan of that system.

Captain_Yuri said:

Some 4090 leaks from Wccftech comment section as the reviewers sometimes post some stuff:

*img*

61C + 3.1 Ghz + 16,384 cuda cores + 509 watts on Air cooling alone is crazy. Obviously these are now 3.5-4 slot coolers so the heatsinks are massive. But least we know the temps won't be the limiting factor when it comes to OC.

Good to see that temps are kept at bay, but dear God, 509W!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Captain_Yuri said:

CD Projekt roadmap:

There's a good amount of info if you click the twitter thread that goes into a bit more detail regarding their upcoming projects. Looks like we will be getting a new Cyberpunk expansion + Sequel. Maybe a spin-off series for the Witcher franchise developed by Molassas Flood. New Witcher trilogy by CD followed by another witcher game by third party. And they are working on a brand new IP.

I gotta say that I lol'ed a bit when I saw this:

Three games in six years? Yeah, not gonna happen.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

None of them are based on the B650E chipset, but if you're buying a low end card, you won't need to worry about PCIe 5.0. After all, PCIe 5.0 SSDs will be very expensive and won't bring a big jump over the existing 4.0 ones, at least the first gen. And if PCIe 4.0 is enough for the 4090, it will be enough for whatever mid-range card you may buy during the lifespan of that system.

Captain_Yuri said:

*img*

Yea it just feels odd to get a new platform with old platform features probably why we see such low sales of Zen 4. I think most people will be waiting for the PCI-E 5 boards to get discounted before they make the jump and with less than 5% performance uplift in a lot of cases, it makes little sense to upgrade otherwise.

And yea, it's crazy. With those temps, I think it can go over 600 watts if they continue to push the clocks on Air. But people should note that 3.1 Ghz is also OC. From what I have seen in the comment sections, it hovers around 2.8-3.0 Ghz at around 400 watts on the Msi Suprim at "stock" which more like factory OC.

3ghz gets around 20,000 TSE score compared to around 11,000 on a 3090 Ti.

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 04 October 2022

Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

*img*

And yea, it's crazy. With those temps, I think it can go over 600 watts if they continue to push the clocks on Air. But people should note that 3.1 Ghz is also OC. From what I have seen in the comment sections, it hovers around 2.8-3.0 Ghz at around 400 watts on the Msi Suprim at "stock" which more like factory OC.

3ghz gets around 20,000 TSE score compared to around 11,000 on a 3090 Ti.

I didn't know those numbers where from an overclocked card. Mind you, it's still insane, but they make a bit more sense.

And let's hope they don't push it more. No one needs a 600W card to game.

Humble Choice October with Deathloop and Little Hope.
Good month!

https://www.indiegamebundles.com/get-deathloop-and-8-more-games-for-11-99-in-humble-choice-october-2022/