By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

BasilZero said:

Ignoring the publisher only stops you from seeing the games in your recommend queue, try blocking the game specifically from its page.

I mean, I personally dont see a issue, if I come across a game I dont like for whatever reason, I just move on.

managed to do that a while ago, but I do wish the "ignore studio/pub" feature would correlate with the ignore button, since it's still technically the page where all their games are listed.

I tend to ignore games I don't like so they stop showing up on my front page, but at the same time I use the tag system to help refine the front page view, and then lastly the discovery queue to help slim things down and refine what I'd want to see suggested to me.

These are all helpful, but the ignore feature for pubs/studios is something I feel needs refinement or be linked with the general "ignore game" option if you're using it on a studio/publisher. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

BasilZero said:

FFVII Remake is $40 if you buy it on GMG

https://slickdeals.net/f/15853678-final-fantasy-7-remake-integrade-40?src=catpagev2

A bit tempting but I'll wait for it to become cheaper.

Thanks bought it through them loll

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

More Ada information from Kopite7kimi. Power limits this time. AD102 - 4090, AD103 - 4080, AD104 - 4070, AD106 - 4060

Also gamers with PC rigs, with overclocked RTX 4090's in them and no AC

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-rtx-40-ada-gpu-power-limits-rumored-to-reach-800w-on-desktop-and-175w-on-laptops

hinch said:

More Ada information from Kopite7kimi. Power limits this time. AD102 - 4090, AD103 - 4080, AD104 - 4070, AD106 - 4060

Also gamers with PC rigs, with overclocked RTX 4090's in them and no AC

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-rtx-40-ada-gpu-power-limits-rumored-to-reach-800w-on-desktop-and-175w-on-laptops

When you overclock a 4090 with a 13900k

I do think while those power limits are probably the unlocked vBIOS power limits that can only be achieved under liquid nitrogen + extreme overclocking, the biggest urghness will be the gap between the laptop versions of the GPUs and the Desktop versions of the GPU will continue to bigger. Gone are the days of Pascal when the performance of the laptop GPU are within 10-15% of the desktop GPU.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Those numbers are insane, but I agree with Yuri. Those are probably the max, unlocked specs that only a very small numbers of extreme cards (like the EVGA Kingpin) will use.

Still, the power consumption will still be quite high.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

@Captain_Yuri Lol going to short out a few homes I suspect. Meanwhile at Nvidia HQ..

That's true, I don't think consumers will have direct access to those maxed out power limits through normal mean. Though it does show they have quite high headroom for extreme overclocks and benches. Crazy they can push that high but that also means Nvidia mean business.

Idd IPC improvements are increasing look to be tied to TDP, clocks and amount of RAM and speed and shaders. And that doesn't seem to scale as well on mobile platforms with strict power/thermal constraints. With how Ada Lovelace is looking.. I can see the performance window widen from desktop to mobile variants a lot more this upcoming generation. Which is unfortunate.

Whats even more frustrating is Nvidia's naming scheme on GPU's on laptops which don't correspond to their own desktop products; which is super misleading. Like a RTX 3080M uses a GA104 vs the GA102 on a desktop 3080.

Idk about yall but it always annoys the fuck out of me when SE (or anyone else) that has full caps on with their game titles in Steam.

Like is this really necessary?

I totally agree!
"Look at our games... they are soooo important and better than the Rest that we are shouting the titles."

What does the symbol for "Fistful of Frags" and "Floating Point" mean? Are they incompatible?

Yea I took the screenshot from my Macbook pro M1 which doesn't do 32 bit applications so they are incompatible. Not that FFVIIR is compatible either by default but if you use CrossOver or Parallels, you can install the game and attempt to run it where as you can't install 32 bit applications no matter what.

I have been trying out various remote play options from my PC to my Macbook using Steam RemotePlay and Parsec. My goal is to move my PC to the basement and make a game room there but I do still want to play more casual games onto my laptop. So I am seeing if remoteplay is better or if running the game natively on a laptop is better.