By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Captain_Yuri said:

Good Luck! Don't bend any of the pins!

Don't worry, I will. It's been like 10 years since I last put in an AMD CPU. I hate that they put the pins on the CPU so much.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Because tradition.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Yea it is one of the worst times to build a pc. I finished mine in late January, 2020. Shit started to hit the fan in mid feb and then closings in March.

vivster said:

Because tradition.

Black PSU with white case? Don't they have a white version of that one?

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Black PSU with white case? Don't they have a white version of that one?

Not worth going for.

The case is windowless and standing behind a monitor. It's just white to blend in with the wall behind it.

Around the Network

Did the first bits. Prepared the mainboard and installed SSDs, RAM and CPU. Also unpacked everything. So tomorrow it's gonna continue with the mounting of the mainboard and cooler. Here's a few pics.

Best feature of the mainboard.

Both SSDs snuggly in place. System SSD nice and toasty directly between CPU and GPU.

RAM heat spreaders are T H I C C B O I S.

Pre applied thermal paste on the cooler. I'm going to try it because I'm lazy.

PSU cables all come in their own adorable little pouches.

C'mon, man! You should put a *WARNING Mature content* sign before sharing those pics.

So far it looks great.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Nice pics of your new build. I feel like I have to get a few together myself of the build I finished early this week after finally getting a PSU after 2 weeks of waiting.

There are too many cables. Just got confused with what to do with all the fans. I'm not used to having basically 3 CPU fans and a pump and then 3 case fans on top of it.

Since my mainboard only has 2 CPU fan headers and I have a 3x radiator I'll have to plop the fan hub of the case into the CPU fan header and put the radiator fans on the hub. And then I'll have to get the case fans to the other fan headers on the board. I don't think it's very useful to have the case fans and radiator fans go the same speed. The board only has 3 headers for the case fans and they are all over the place.

The NZXT manual is actually terrible. I have no idea what each of the cables they want me to plug into the pump are for. Why the fuck are there fan connectors coming from the pump? Am I supposed to plug the fans into the pump after all?

edit: ok after half an hour of manual reading and frustration I figured it out. Kinda.
There is a breakout cable for 3 cables on one PWM header. I'm gonna use that for the 3 radiator fans and put it on the CPU FAN header.
Then there is a 3 pin connector coming from the pump which I'll put on the AIO header. I assume that's for power.
Then there is also a SATA connector. I assume that's for power.
Then there is also a USB connector. I assume that's for power and maybe RGB.
Then there is an RGB header which I have no use for.

Then I just put the case fans on the fan hub.

I remember one of the reasons why I picked an AIO this time was that it would be a lot cleaner inside the case. Turns out the addition of so many more cables is making things worse. If I ever survive this build I'll probably go back to air cooling. I haven't mounted the radiator yet but I expect the worst. The radiator is gonna block the fan headers and the error code LEDs. Terrible design.