By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news

Zarx changed his avatar again. Thoughts?

Noice 244 61.31%

So soon? I just got used to the last one 13 3.27%

it sucks 22 5.53%

Your cropping skills are lacking 13 3.27%

Too noisy, can't tell WTF it even is 13 3.27%

Meh 32 8.04%

Total:337
JEMC said:

Captain_Yuri said:
Speaking off hard to swallow prices...

ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 ROG STRIX GUNDAM

*snip*

https://videocardz.com/newz/asus-unveils-geforce-rtx-3090-rog-strix-gundam-edition

$2,530 USD

*normal reaction*

Also Big Navi rumour:

Navi 21 XT
16GB GDDR6
255W TGP
~2.4 GHz (Game Clock)

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-navi-21-xt-to-feature-2-3-2-4-ghz-game-clock-250w-tgp-and-16-gb-gddr6-memory

The guy that decides the pricing at ASUS got a stroke and no one has noticed yet. First the stupidly expensive monitor and now this. It's beyond stupid.

The Navi 21 rumor is interesting, as is the rest of the article:

"What you should know however is that this data from Patrick is not based on AMD reference design. We have already been told that there are reference-based samples clocking up to 2.3 GHz, but there are also cards reaching 2.4 GHz. Those, however, are AIB models. A cut-down version (Navi 21 XL) should be clocked at around 2.2 GHz, our sources believe."

By that, we can infer that this is known info that most, if not all, the people in the industry are aware of, giving it some credibility. It also points at AIBs having cards ready or almost ready for launch day when we had some rumors saying otherwise.

"The big unknown is still the XTX variant. It all appears that Navi 21 XTX is AMD exclusive. It is possibly a higher clocked version with more CUs enabled, but AIbs have no further information at the moment."

While Navi 21XT is Big Navi, there seems to be an even bigger Navi. Personally, I don't think it will have more CUs, it will just be a binned Navi 21 XT with higher clocks like the RX 5700 XT 50th anniversary.

Yea according to the leak back in October 7th. Here are the potential variants:

XTX Liquid Edition

XT Limited Edition

XT Reference Edition

XL 16GB

If I had to guess, we probably saw the Reference edition card that back at AMD's press conference. XT Limited is probably the one with 2.4 Ghz and XTX will be their AMD Exclusive Limited Edition. If that assumption is true, XT Limited would be the one that might match the 3080 in Raster at 4k on average since with AMD's cherry picked benchmarks against 3080s paired with Intel, it matched in Borderlands and 10% slower in Gears compared to Eurogamer 3080 benchmarks.

Last edited by Captain_Yuri - on 18 October 2020

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Around the Network

feels a bit weird to talk about 2000MHz+ cards with sub 300W TDP.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Don't know if anybody posted this before, but we got some first benches for the 5950X in SiSoft Sandra.

There, AMD's next flagship beats it's predecessor, the 3950X, between 9 and 25%, depending on the task, all of them multithreaded. The i9 10900K is beaten by 50-80%, which isn't all that surprising considering this battle is 10 vs 16 cores, but still massive.

The unified cache (and the other tweaks from Zen 3) seem to bring a lot of performance improvements.

Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

The Navi 21 rumor is interesting, as is the rest of the article:

*snip*

Yea according to the leak back in October 7th. Here are the potential variants:

XTX Liquid Edition

XT Limited Edition

XT Reference Edition

XL 16GB

If I had to guess, we probably saw the Reference edition card that back at AMD's press conference. XT Limited is probably the one with 2.4 Ghz and XTX will be their AMD Exclusive Limited Edition. If that assumption is true, XT Limited would be the one that might match the 3080 in Raster at 4k on average since with AMD's cherry picked benchmarks against 3080s paired with Intel, it matched in Borderlands and 10% slower in Gears compared to Eurogamer 3080 benchmarks.

Well, a liquid cooled card can come with an even higher TDP/TGP and clocks. It will be interesting to see if it makes a difference.

vivster said:
feels a bit weird to talk about 2000MHz+ cards with sub 300W TDP.

It's even weirder than it's AMD the one that has made it given how power hungry their cards have been lately and that thos same cards couldn't even come close to the clocks that Nvidia was able to achieve with their designs.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Some more Big Navi leaks coming in:

> Something has changed regarding RDNA2/Big Navi's base clock, game clock and boost clock vs Navi1X.

> Base clock is not that high after all

> The distance between the 3 clocks has grown vs Navi1X especially between base clock and game clock.

Navi21 XL
> Base clock 1350MHz to 1400MHz
> Game clock 1800MHz to 1900MHz
> Boost clock 2100MHz (maybe 2200MHz)

Navi21 XT
> Base clock 1450MHz to 1500MHz
> Game clock 2000MHz to 2100MHz
> Boost clock 2200MHz to 2400MHz

> Reference cards on the lower end of the clock range
> AIB cards on the higher end of the clock range

Navi21
Base -> Game (+500MHz to 600MHz)
Game -> Boost (+200MHz to 300MHz)

For context
Navi10 1605MHz/1755MHz/1905MHz
Base -> Game +150MHz
Game -> Boost +150MHz

https://twitter.com/_rogame/status/1317731737347248129?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

This is similar to how their Ryzen 5000 series is where the baseclock is kinda "low" but the boost is quite high. Having a "low" baseclock would leave room for a lot of variations for AIBs. As a reminder of what the differences are back during the 5000 series launch:

"With an application behaving viral like say Furmark, you’ll see the Radeon RX 5700 (XT) specced at 1605 MHz base clock frequency. Gaming on a heavy on the GPU title (which is what I call normal gaming) will result in a 1755 MHz clock frequency. However, where it can for very short periods of time - boost towards 1905 MHz as briefly as that will be. But arguably you are going to see a 1.7 ~1.8 GHz dynamic clock when gaming, differing per title and workload."

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_radeon_rx_5700_and_5700_xt_review,5.html

We will see if there's any changes to how boost works with RDNA 2.

Last edited by Captain_Yuri - on 18 October 2020

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

There's a difference between GPU clocks and CPU clocks, the 5000 CPUs have a lower base clock, but that's for multi-threaded applications, while single-threaded ones will get the boost clocks that are higher. That's not really the case with GPUs.

But, in any case, if they can reach and keep those game clocks, it will still be great.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

I'm worried that I'm slightly too negative on RDNA2 but you guys are on another lvl, you guys are super negative. We will see on 28 oct.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

hmm, it has my attention, but I dunno if it'll end up like that other Warhammer co-op shooter.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1361210/Warhammer_40000_Darktide/

Trumpstyle said:
I'm worried that I'm slightly too negative on RDNA2 but you guys are on another lvl, you guys are super negative. We will see on 28 oct.

If what you posted in the past is you being slightly too negative with RDNA 2. I'd like to see what your positive looks like.

Trumpstyle said:

It's not about being negative, it's about keeping your expectations in check and base them based on reality and verified info, not just rumors.

While I don't usually use wccftech for news it appears they reading direct quotes from CD PROJEKT RED from issue 350 of the PC Gamer magazine so believable.

It look like Raytracing on launch will only work on PC with Nvidia cards and Geforce Now but they expect eventually they add updates to support RDNA2 and PS5/Xbox series.  No indication how much after launch that would be but it made it sound like for consoles it would be in 2021.

https://wccftech.com/cdpr-talks-gi-vs-rt-illumination-in-cyberpunk-2077-and-using-jali-to-automate-facial-animation/