By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Already someone's working on a third person mod.

Hoping they pull through, because this will look sick with the samurai Katana builds. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Stellar_Fungk said:

Thanks guys. I want to be able to play the Total War games and meet the recommended requirements. I love strategy games like Age of Empires series and city building games like Caesar and Pharaoh. I would also like to play some of the falcom games missing on the Nintendo Switch, they are all available on Steam. But I mostly want PC for Total War and Age of Empires :)

What are the components I should put the most money on if I want to play these games?

You seem to really like strategy titles and city-builders. Those tend to need more CPU performance than GPU power. In almost all other cases, it's the other way around. So I would invest into an 8-core CPU if I were you.

What is your budget for the build? While we're at the budget, do you need some extras like an optical drive or a card reader? 

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 20 December 2020

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Stellar_Fungk said:

Thanks guys. I want to be able to play the Total War games and meet the recommended requirements. I love strategy games like Age of Empires series and city building games like Caesar and Pharaoh. I would also like to play some of the falcom games missing on the Nintendo Switch, they are all available on Steam. But I mostly want PC for Total War and Age of Empires :)

What are the components I should put the most money on if I want to play these games?

You seem to really like strategy titles and city-builders. Those tend to need more CPU performance than GPU power. In almost all other cases, it's the other way around. So I would invest into an 8-core CPU if I were you.

What is your budget for the build? While we're at the budget, do you need some extras like an optical drive or a card reader? 

I don’t see myself using optical drives. I may need to have a card reader because Nintendo Switch uses sd cards for storage, I need to have a card reader if I want to transfer save files between sd cards.

I will not spend more than 1210.43$/987.19€/893.85£ for a PC (excluding display, keyboard, Mouse etc).

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Stellar_Fungk said:

I may need to have a card reader because Nintendo Switch uses sd cards for storage, I need to have a card reader if I want to transfer save files between sd cards.

One or two USB-SD-Adapters for a few cents are good enough for that task.

Stellar_Fungk said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

I don’t see myself using optical drives. I may need to have a card reader because Nintendo Switch uses sd cards for storage, I need to have a card reader if I want to transfer save files between sd cards.

I will not spend more than 1210.43$/987.19€/893.85£ for a PC (excluding display, keyboard, Mouse etc).

The card reader isn't really a problem because you can always get one that connects to your PC through an USB port.

As for your components, and with that budget, I'd try to go for an AMD Ryzen 5 3600X (6-cores) processor, 16GB of RAM and for the GPU either an Nvidia RTX 2060 or an AMD 5600XT.

Keep in mind that this is just an idea, I don't know how prices go in Italy, and that prices may, and will, vary from store to store. Also, the performance will depend on the resolution of your monitor.

Basil: Sorry, I can't help you, I know nothing about wireless headsets.

Last edited by JEMC - on 20 December 2020

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Today's free game on the Epic Store is Defense Grid: The Awakening.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

But why AMD Ryzen and not Intel. Intel has existed for a long time and I trust them. My old PC use to have an intel processor. But I know Nothing of AMD. And I think I’ll go with Nvidia too. My old computer used to have an intel and a nvidia.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Stellar_Fungk said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Here's a little suggestion for you:

The GPU is a placeholder, since almost nothing was available (not even old gen), and what was came with a massive markup (cheapest 3070 cost 840€, for instance). So the choices were either this or a 1650, neither representative of the final build. In a month or two, you might get a 2060 Super if the prices come down again, otherwise the RX 5600 might be your best bet. There was one available on the site, but would have gone over budget by 4€, and I didn't want to cheap out on the other components...

Also, no OS yet included in this price since I wasn't sure if you had license lying around, and the fact they only have system builder version (full price with disc and all) while you can get cheaper versions for a fraction of their price.

I went with 32GB of RAM because RAM is the only thing that's actually really cheap right now, so better grab the chance while you can.

BasilZero said:

Any recommendations for wireless headsets for PC gaming?

Some of my old gaming/guildie buddies from my old MMO days want to play MP games with me (Dark Souls, Borderlands, etc).

My main issue is....I have a wired headset but my Gaming Desktop is 15 ft away from my Sofa set in my media room.

Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless. They have a feature that literally no other headset has, replaceable batteries. I wear it literally every single second I'm at home and wherever I am in my apartment. I don't have to worry about charging it, because whenever it runs low I just pop out the battery and switch it with the fully loaded battery that has been charging in the included charging station since the last swap. It also comes with additional bluetooth which is great because whenever someone calls on my phone I just have to press a button and it instantly connects to my smartphone and picks up the call. And then I can just continue to play because I can hear the call and the game simultaneously. It really is the best and only convenient headset out there.

If you don't care about convenience you can just take literally any other wireless headset.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Stellar_Fungk said:

But why AMD Ryzen and not Intel. Intel has existed for a long time and I trust them. My old PC use to have an intel processor. But I know Nothing of AMD. And I think I’ll go with Nvidia too. My old computer used to have an intel and a nvidia.

Just to be clear, AMD has been around here since the 70s. They've also been here for a long time. And, due to their position behind Intel, they've used to be cheaper than them, until their latest processors (but well, they're better than Intel's so...).

In any case, if you prefer an Intel processor, and assuming that you won't overclock it, my choice would be an i5-10600 (also 6 cores and 12 threads and similar in price) or an i7-10700 (8 cores and 16 threads).