Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news

Zarx changed his avatar again. Thoughts?

Noice 244 61.62%

So soon? I just got used to the last one 13 3.28%

it sucks 21 5.30%

Your cropping skills are lacking 13 3.28%

Too noisy, can't tell WTF it even is 13 3.28%

Meh 31 7.83%

Total:335

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Around the Network

If you get a 3080 I'll buy the 3090 off you.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

That would be a pretty penny as Asus has a good markup and then newegg has a markup on top not to mention shipping costs to EU :P

The rate of drops is increasing in the bot discord servers so I wouldn't lose out hope just yet. If I do manage to get a 3080 Strix, I'll let you know though!

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

How much did you pay for the 3090?

I think I decided on my mainboard. It's gonna be the Dark Hero when it releases, no matter the price. I'm also committing to my expensive 3600MHz CL14 RAM. PSU is pretty much locked in as well, 850W should be enough.

That means the only thing that I'm not firm yet is the cooling. All the AIOs are so similar.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

2150 USD including Taxes and Shipping. The MSRP was $1900 USD on Newegg cause they keep on increasing it every time they put one in stock. Asus has an official MSRP $1800 USD I think.

Last edited by Captain_Yuri - on 17 October 2020

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

2150 USD including Taxes and Shipping. The MSRP was $1900 USD on Newegg cause they keep on increasing it every time they put one in stock. Asus has an official MSRP $1800 USD I think.

I hope my pre-order come through in a reasonable time then because I don't think am willing to go to 2150usd.  My all in price on my pre-order was $1863.49 (not actually paid anything yet they only charge when it ships)  hopefully that come through.  It not so much the money but it just really bothers me paying over MSRP on principle and by MSRP I mean the OEM not the retailer.

Cyran said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I hope my pre-order come through in a reasonable time then because I don't think am willing to go to 2150usd.  My all in price on my pre-order was $1863.49 (not actually paid anything yet they only charge when it ships)  hopefully that come through.  It not so much the money but it just really bothers me paying over MSRP on principle and by MSRP I mean the OEM not the retailer.

Yea I wasn't really looking at the price as I was doing the newegg trick loll. Newegg is technically $100 above MSRP so it's not the worst but because Asus has $300 above a FE 3090, it makes it look a lot worse. But it is also why I am still looking for a 3080 as that price is a lot more justified. I can afford it for sure and buying a "Halo" gpu is part of my bucket list but yea, this one is a bit oof.

Speaking off hard to swallow prices...

ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 ROG STRIX GUNDAM

https://videocardz.com/newz/asus-unveils-geforce-rtx-3090-rog-strix-gundam-edition

$2,530 USD

Also Big Navi rumour:

Navi 21 XT
16GB GDDR6
255W TGP
~2.4 GHz (Game Clock)

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-navi-21-xt-to-feature-2-3-2-4-ghz-game-clock-250w-tgp-and-16-gb-gddr6-memory

Damn, not sure what market ASUS is aiming for that one. A hardcore Gundam/gaming enthusiast?

In preparation of Cyberpunk and Shadowlands I bought my first NVMe.

Now just GPU and CPU to go :o

hinch said:

Damn, not sure what market ASUS is aiming for that one. A hardcore Gundam/gaming enthusiast?

In preparation of Cyberpunk and Shadowlands I bought my first NVMe.

Now just GPU and CPU to go :o

Congrats, those are pretty great drives! Specially 2TB!