By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

So DF did their first Series X vs PC in watchdogs Legion test and the results are.... quite surprising!

Watchdogs Legion on Series X is Comparable to a 2060 Super with RT ON where as in games such as Gears of War 5 without Ray Tracing, it's comparable to a 2080.

I wouldn't read too much into it just yet. the GPU in the XSX had to be cut down to fit into such a small die, and possibly the raytracing performance had to suffer for it. Let's wait for the first real benchmarks of RDNA2 GPUs before we really judge it's raytracing performance

Yea I am not Judging RDNA 2. I am judging consoles.

Well, to their credit, they went quite big this time compared to the last gen. Otherwise, they'd be around 7-8 Tflops instead around 10 TFlops. And they finally switched to SSD!

That's true but they did also increase the price of both the console and games. Still not a bad showing so far. I'll be curious to see how ps5 does.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Trumpstyle said:
Captain_Yuri said:

So DF did their first Series X vs PC in watchdogs Legion test and the results are.... quite surprising!

Watchdogs Legion on Series X is Comparable to a 2060 Super with RT ON where as in games such as Gears of War 5 without Ray Tracing, it's comparable to a 2080.

Yeah this is worse than worse case scenario, let's see if call of duty brings any other result.

I would imagine the hit should be a lot less if Modern Warfare is anything to go by as the RT implantation is pretty minor unless they changed it for Black Ops.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Ka-pi96 said:

I waited for a new PC (as suggested), so how does this look now?

OS Windows 10 Home 64bit
CPU AMD RYZEN 5 5600X
Motherboard AMD X570
Memory 32GB (16GB x2) DDR4-3200/CD16G-D4U3200x2
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 / 8GB
SSD 500GB WD BLUE SN550
Power unit 【80PLUS BRONZE】CWT GPK650S (700W、650W)

¥205,420

I've got a 2TB SSD that I'm going to move over from my current PC too, so the small storage won't be an issue.

I would w8 for the geforce 3060 ti over the 3070, it should offer better price/perf, 500W Power unit should be enough even if you go with 3070. A520 motherboard is better than X570, X570 might give you 0.1% better performance but it's a waste of money.

Than ofc you should get a 2TB Corsair mp400 ssd instead. This are my recommendations, I have build 3 PCs before to friends so you can trust me, believe me.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Ka-pi96 said:

OS Windows 10 Home 64bit
CPU AMD RYZEN 5 5600X
Motherboard AMD X570
SSD 500GB WD BLUE SN550

¥205,420

I've got a 2TB SSD that I'm going to move over from my current PC too, so the small storage won't be an issue.

It's not bad at all. Is 200k Yen your budget limit or is that just coincidence? 

That said, I would have waited for AMDs RX 6000 GPUs and possibly as well for the 3060Ti. Because from the looks of it, the 3060Ti might be much more bang for the bucks, and the RX 6000 look like they're a real contender this time around.

Ka-pi96 said:
Trumpstyle said:
Ka-pi96 said:

OS Windows 10 Home 64bit
CPU AMD RYZEN 5 5600X
Motherboard AMD X570
SSD 500GB WD BLUE SN550

¥205,420

I would w8 for the geforce 3060 ti over the 3070, it should offer better price/perf, 500W Power unit should be enough even if you go with 3070. A520 motherboard is better than X570, X570 might give you 0.1% better performance but it's a waste of money.

Than ofc you should get a 2TB Corsair mp400 ssd instead. This are my recommendations, I have build 3 PCs before to friends so you can trust me, believe me.

I wouldn't know how to build a PC, this is pre-built and the motherboard is about the only thing I can't customise so can't really do anything about that.

How long would the wait for a 3060 ti be though?

And I've already got a 2TB sandisk SSD, no need to buy another one. 4.5TB would be overkill.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

OS Windows 10 Home 64bit
CPU AMD RYZEN 5 5600X
Motherboard AMD X570
SSD 500GB WD BLUE SN550

¥205,420

That said, I would have waited for AMDs RX 6000 GPUs and possibly as well for the 3060Ti. Because from the looks of it, the 3060Ti might be much more bang for the bucks, and the RX 6000 look like they're a real contender this time around.

No budget per se, that's just a coincidence. Had originally hoped it would be under 100k, but that was how much I aimed to spend when PC was supplementary to consoles. Now it will be my only gaming platform, plus I'll be using it with my new 43 inch TV, rather than a little PC monitor so I don't mind spending more.

Same as above for 3060 ti. How long is the wait likely to be, and how worthwhile would it even be? As for RX6000, how good are they? Looks like they're more expensive and to be honest I've heard nothing but bad things about AMD graphics cards in the past.

The RX 6800 is more expensive than the 3070, but also somewhat faster by the first benchmarks and comes with 16GB of RAM instead of just 8, which is probably where the price difference comes from. The much more powerful 6800XT is just $80 more expensive and a much better buy, but at that point, we're already $150 above the 3070. If that's too much for you, then the 3070 is a fine choice. 

AMD couldn't keep up with Nvidia for about 5-6 years, having been forced to concentrate all their ressources and efforts into the development of the Zen Architecture and thus neglecting their GPU division. That why AMD GPUs got a pretty bad rep, and the GPU mining craze didn't help matters, either. But Navi already significantly closed the gap towards NVidia that accumulated over the years and Big Navi looks like it will beat Ampere. The only real question mark lies with their Raytracing performance, which is expected to be somewhat below that of NVidia, but nobody knows how much of a difference it will make be between the two in that regard the end.

Around the Network
vivster said:
JEMC said:

Sad to hear that the new Yakuza doesn't live up to your expectations.

Never said such a thing.

My bad. I took your comment regarding the numerous and lengthly cut scenes as a complain and, as such, I thought you were a bit disappointed with the game.

My appologies.

Ka-pi96 said:

OS Windows 10 Home 64bit
CPU AMD RYZEN 5 5600X
Motherboard AMD X570
SSD 500GB WD BLUE SN550

¥205,420

Looks like a good system to me, and quite balanced. Absolut overkill for 1080p, perfect for 1440p and maybe a tad short for 4K.

A shame you can't tweak a few more parts other than the motherboard, but that's only nitpicking.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Ka-pi96 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

No budget per se, that's just a coincidence. Had originally hoped it would be under 100k, but that was how much I aimed to spend when PC was supplementary to consoles. Now it will be my only gaming platform, plus I'll be using it with my new 43 inch TV, rather than a little PC monitor so I don't mind spending more.

Same as above for 3060 ti. How long is the wait likely to be, and how worthwhile would it even be? As for RX6000, how good are they? Looks like they're more expensive and to be honest I've heard nothing but bad things about AMD graphics cards in the past.

The RX 6800 is more expensive than the 3070, but also somewhat faster by the first benchmarks and comes with 16GB of RAM instead of just 8, which is probably where the price difference comes from. The much more powerful 6800XT is just $80 more expensive and a much better buy, but at that point, we're already $150 above the 3070. If that's too much for you, then the 3070 is a fine choice. 

AMD couldn't keep up with Nvidia for about 5-6 years, having been forced to concentrate all their ressources and efforts into the development of the Zen Architecture and thus neglecting their GPU division. That why AMD GPUs got a pretty bad rep, and the GPU mining craze didn't help matters, either. But Navi already significantly closed the gap towards NVidia that accumulated over the years and Big Navi looks like it will beat Ampere. The only real question mark lies with their Raytracing performance, which is expected to be somewhat below that of NVidia, but nobody knows how much of a difference it will make be between the two in that regard the end.

How would it compare to the 3080 though? I mean, if you're talking about a card that's $150 above the 3070 then that's in the price range of the 3080, so that may as well be in the equation too.

I'll bring in a slide from AMD's presentation so you can see what the cards achieve in 1440p, which probably will be your resolution of choice:

As you can see, the 6800XT is mostly in front, sometimes slightly behind, sometimes just a tad in front, and sometime in front by a significant lead. And with 16GB VRAM, it certainly won't run into a bottleneck here anytime soon. The 10GB of the 3080 should be good enough in that regard, too, but might run into some limits in a few years time if you don't upgrade your PC on a regular basis.

The 6800XT is supposedly 50 dollar cheaper, but with supply limits and scalpers trying to make money out of the situation, the msrp price can't be guaranteed for either card, so we'll have to see how that shakes out.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 14 November 2020

Ka-pi96 said:
JEMC said:
Ka-pi96 said:

OS Windows 10 Home 64bit
CPU AMD RYZEN 5 5600X
Motherboard AMD X570
SSD 500GB WD BLUE SN550

¥205,420

Looks like a good system to me, and quite balanced. Absolut overkill for 1080p, perfect for 1440p and maybe a tad short for 4K.

A shame you can't tweak a few more parts other than the motherboard, but that's only nitpicking.

The motherboard is the only one that can't be tweaked. Everything else can, so if you have any suggestions...

Oh! My bad. I understood it the other way around (the downisde of not sleeping enough).

My only change would be regarding the RAM setup. Given what we know about Ryzen, a 4x 8GB set would work better than a 2x 16GB one, and 3200MHz CL16 is on the low end, tho perfectly capable. A 3600 CL16 kit would give you better results, but it's also expensive.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Ka-pi96 said:

OS Windows 10 Home 64bit
CPU AMD RYZEN 5 5600X
Motherboard AMD X570
SSD 500GB WD BLUE SN550

¥205,420

Overall it's a good system. As others have said, because the new AMD gpus are quite close to launch, I'd certainly wait for them and the reviews before making a final decision. A word of caution though as historically, AMD has had worse drivers than Nvidia which is why I had problems recommending AMD GPUs to anyone. Sometimes you have to wait a few days to a week for game ready drivers from AMD while Nvidia typically has them ready day 1 or before. Not to mention all of the driver issues the 5000/Vega experienced during and even months after their release regarding the gpu itself.

But it's also why it's best to wait for the reviews before making a decision as AMD might have improved on those aspects this time around as well. Personally if they are very close, I'd go with Nvidia.

The latest Yakuza is definitely the best Yakuza game as a vacation replacement. You can go to so many places and can explore so many buildings from the inside. There is also lots of detail for me to practice my Japanese reading. It also feels a lot more like vacation thanks to the turn based combat where I can just mindlessly grind without having to button mash all of the time.

The substories also seem to be extra wholesome.

Last edited by vivster - on 14 November 2020

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.