By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Mummelmann said:
But what about RT? DLSS equal functions?

Cards look really solid none the less, especially that 6900XT, the 3090 is a whopping 50% more expensive. That extra memory won't be worth it for more or less any gamer on the planet (yes, I know, the 3090 isn't really a gamers card). If Nvidia wins big on RT though, the AMD offerings look less appealing. But, at least for now, this is awesome news both for AMD and Nvidia fans since it signifies proper competition.

3rd party reviews will be interesting, especially across various systems and with more potential driver issues and OC.

hinch said:

Super Resolution is their answer to DLSS (shown in one of their slides). We need more benchmarks to gauge RT performance across the board.

Super resolution might not be the answer to DLSS. According to both GN and Linus when they asked AMD, AMD themselves were very hesitant to call it a counterpart to DLSS and suggested that it's not gonna work the same way and will have a broader application. We will see though but I think this isn't the DLSS competitor we are looking for.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Well yeah not a direct answer, but its upscaling tech along the lines of DLSS :P

RedGamingTech did hint at that earlier this month. That they had up-scaling technology which works faster than DLSS at a slight hit in IQ.

I do want to go over a few things.

As far as I can tell, the 6800 XT slide is more or less Solid.

The 6800 and 6900XT slides however are a bit more interesting.

As you will note at the bottom, it says "Rage Mode" and "Smart Access Memory" for 6900XT and for 6800, only "Smart Access Memory."

Rage mode sounds like it's basically increasing the power limiter which according to GN, has 1-2% performance boost and Smart Access Memory allows the Zen 3 CPU to have direct access to the RDNA 2's VRAM as long as you also have a X570. By enabling those, it can give an additional performance compared to if you have an Intel based System or Ryzen 3000 and older.

Because of this, it will mean that when the reviews come out, depending on the type of test configuration the reviewers have including the motherboard, you could see slower performance with RDNA 2 vs a system that has Zen 3 + RDNA 2 + X570. As always, wait for reviews!

They really should bring back the Fusion marketing from the Phenom II days since this time, there is a good reason to get a Full Team Red build!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Nice. This solidifies that I'm going to need a X570 board in the near future and a 5000 series CPU. Man this is getting more expensive by the minute >_>

So, although we'll have to wait until we get proper reviews (and check t several of them to see how the rest of the system impacts its performance), we can say that AMD has managed to deliver the goods: they have cards that manage to go head to head against all Nvidia's high end cards. Quite impressive.

Of course, Nvidia has the advantage of DLSS (we'll have to wait and see what AMD has to counter that... and when it will launch), and the RT performance is still a mystery, but it has exceeded my expectations.

My only complain is that they're a bit pricy, but I understand why: GDDR6 isn't exactly cheap and why would they go with lower prices when the competition is having stock problems? There'll always be time to cut the price later on.

Also, game clocks seem a bit low compared to what we saw in some leaks, but maybe that's before RAGE is applied, and we'll have to see what AIBs have prepared.

Next stop will come November 5th with the launch of the Zen3 processors and their reviews.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Yea from having no competition for multiple generations to taking on the top of the stack in Raster, can't exactly get anymore amazing than that. I think Nvidia will come out with that rumored 3070 Ti with 10GB of G6X to combat the 6800 as I doubt Nvidia wants to let AMD have that slot all to themselves.

CONSOLES ARE DEAD

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
CONSOLES ARE DEAD

Nah, man. They're just ashamed. And kinda bad-looking this generation.

Size comparison

I mean I'm gonna go with a X570 board and Ryzen 5000, but I'm still gonna stick with a 3080 over a 6900XT, because I absolutely cannot trust AMD yet. I have a feeling those real benchmarks are gonna be pretty sobering.

The good thing is that Ryzen is gonna be ready before Radeon, so reviewers will do all new tests on an actual CPU instead of blue garbage.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.