By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

We need to have a good laugh, you guys got sandbagged by amd :)

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Around the Network

Overall I'm slightly surprised about the 6900 performance but I'm waiting for independant benchmarks to confirm. Their wording sounded a bit iffy when they talked about "best API".

What I really want to see is 3080 benchmarks on Ryzen.

I hope AMD wasn't stupid enough to use an Intel/Nvidia setup against an AMD/Radeon setup in their slides.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

From first glance I'd probably get a 6800 XT over a 3080 and definitley a 6900 XT over a 3090.

3070 vs the 6800 I'm not as sure.

AMD are certainly looking competitive it's just a question of ray tracing performance and tech like DLSS that leaves a question mark for me. They said they had a DLSS type feature in the works but who knows how good it'll be or how long it'll take to release and get support.

Trumpstyle said:
vivster said:

Final prediction is a compromise that is close to the 3080 but not beating it on average. Weaker 4k performance, maybe better lower resolution performance. But ultimately irrelevant because no DLSS and worse RT.

Beating 3080 price by at least $100 for the XT.

Captain_Yuri said:
My prediction is going to be this.

At 1440p, RDNA 2 will match or beat the 3080 in Raster since the 3080 is only 15% faster than 2080 Ti on average at 1440p
At 4k, RDNA 2 will match or be slower than the 3080 outside of AMD's cherry picked games. I doubt they will show it being slower in the actual presentation though.
RT for RDNA 2 will be slower than Ampere by at least 15%, sometimes 20-25%. I don't see the 3080 Raster competitor being as slow as 2080Ti in RT because that would make AMD's first RT implementation worse than Turing. 3080 can be up to 40-45% faster than 2080 Ti when RT is enabled depending on the game.
They will mention Direct ML support but I doubt they will show any games.

Trumpstyle said:
Nothing has changed for me, I'm still 45% over Geforce 2080 ti at 275 Total watt, but worried they might be pushing clocks to beat Geforce 3090.

I'm still 2.1x above Geforce 2080 ti for RTX performance despite redgamingtech source and igor leak.

I win

I'll wait until final reviews are out before saying that definitively as they showed stuff like this with Vega 7. Also if they had the RT performance you were claiming, they would have shown Ray Tracing games or given us a hint for their RT performance.

For pure Raster though... That you do!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

The RX 6800 (non XT) is a bit too expensive compared to the 3070. But I guess the availability is king right now, and it beats the 3070 by a fair bit.

Around the Network

^^ I think that's the main point, they could charge even higher for these cards since the 3000 series is MoA during the holidays. So why not cash it in I guess.

Truth be told, I did expect the "maybe they aren't comparing the 3080 to their flagship" to be nothing more than optimistic banter (although I suspected it could be feasible when the boost clock rumors appeared), but here we are.

Trumpstyle said:
vivster said:

Final prediction is a compromise that is close to the 3080 but not beating it on average. Weaker 4k performance, maybe better lower resolution performance. But ultimately irrelevant because no DLSS and worse RT.

Beating 3080 price by at least $100 for the XT.

Captain_Yuri said:
My prediction is going to be this.

At 1440p, RDNA 2 will match or beat the 3080 in Raster since the 3080 is only 15% faster than 2080 Ti on average at 1440p
At 4k, RDNA 2 will match or be slower than the 3080 outside of AMD's cherry picked games. I doubt they will show it being slower in the actual presentation though.
RT for RDNA 2 will be slower than Ampere by at least 15%, sometimes 20-25%. I don't see the 3080 Raster competitor being as slow as 2080Ti in RT because that would make AMD's first RT implementation worse than Turing. 3080 can be up to 40-45% faster than 2080 Ti when RT is enabled depending on the game.
They will mention Direct ML support but I doubt they will show any games.

Trumpstyle said:
Nothing has changed for me, I'm still 45% over Geforce 2080 ti at 275 Total watt, but worried they might be pushing clocks to beat Geforce 3090.

I'm still 2.1x above Geforce 2080 ti for RTX performance despite redgamingtech source and igor leak.

I win

My prediction was pretty much on point. I was talking about the 6800XT and not the XTX which turned out to be the 6900XT.

But I'll give you that I was way off with the price. Much less competitive than I thought.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I notice the 6900xt chart mention RAGE and smart access so I wonder how the charts will look if you not running it on a Ryzen 5000 series cpu. The 6800 don't mention that so not sure if those was enabled on that.

Either way if independent benchmarks matches those charts I am impressed. This generation I probably sticking to NVidia still but it bold well for me getting a amd gpu sometime in the future. It does look like soon you can build a AMD cpu and gpu high end gaming computer and for it to actually be a good build assuming the independent benchmark confirm what we see today.

Captain_Yuri said:
Trumpstyle said:

I win

I'll wait until final reviews are out before saying that definitively as they showed stuff like this with Vega 7. Also if they had the RT performance you were claiming, they would have shown Ray Tracing games or given us a hint for their RT performance.

For pure Raster though... That you do!

Yep, we need to w8 for some games. Watch dogs legion, the new call of duty and maybe spiderman: remastered at performance mode will give us an clue of the RTX performance. I have PS5 15-20% rtx performance above Geforce 2080 ti.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850