Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news

Zarx changed his avatar again. Thoughts?

Noice 243 61.83%

So soon? I just got used to the last one 13 3.31%

it sucks 21 5.34%

Your cropping skills are lacking 13 3.31%

Too noisy, can't tell WTF it even is 13 3.31%

Meh 29 7.38%

Total:332
vivster said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Here's one of many reasons why I don't bother buying anything from EGS and their featureless store.

Saints Row The Third Remastered is a complete mess on the PC right now

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/saints-row-the-third-remastered-is-a-complete-mess-on-the-pc-right-now/

"What’s really depressing here is that there aren’t any official forums for Saints Row The Third Remastered. The game came exclusively on Epic Games Store, which does not feature any forums (or at least product comments). Thus, all PC gamers can do is directly email Deep Silver. That is of course if they have a contact email. Otherwise, they can hope to God that the Steam version will fix these issues. And, as you may have guessed, this Steam version will come out one year after the game’s Epic Games Store release."

Of course you can always yar the game and get the non broken version as it's an update that caused it.

People have different preferences I guess. If I ever had a problem with a game I wouldn't even think of going to steam forums, my first try will be google, which will probably lead me to a million forums including the official forums if they exist.

It's all fun to shit on EGS for lacking rudimentary features but saying that gamers can only send an email or wait because the store doesn't have a forum is simply wrong.

That's true but from my personal experience, the times which granted have been fairly rare since PC gaming has gotten a lot less shitty ports over the years, the solution was a steam forum post. As an example with FFXV. When I was playing it on my laptop, it had this weird stuttering problem that didn't make much sense as my laptop was more than capable of playing it at max setting at 80-90fps. After searching on google, I found a few steam forum posts that says to try the Special K mod which you also get on steam forums. Did that an Bam, it solved most of the stuttering issues.

Now I am sure there are other places that could have given me the fix as well which I don't doubt. But for me, steam forums resulted in a lot less searching for the correct fixes over the years which is why I like it and why every store should have it imo.

Last edited by Captain_Yuri - 4 days ago

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Around the Network

Nvidia seems to be launching another iteration of the 1650 in case 3 isn't already enough.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ultra With 4 GB GDDR6 Memory Brought To Life – TU106 Core With 896 Cores, 12 Gbps Dies

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1650-ultra-6-gb-gddr6-graphics-card-unveil/

First references to RDNA3 Navi 31, Van Gogh, and Cezanne spotted in macOS Big Sur; AMD could join Intel and NVIDIA in opting for an MCM design for upcoming GPUs

https://www.notebookcheck.net/First-references-to-RDNA3-Navi-31-Van-Gogh-and-Cezanne-spotted-in-macOS-Big-Sur-AMD-could-join-Intel-and-NVIDIA-in-opting-for-an-MCM-design-for-upcoming-GPUs.478032.0.html

Samsung 980 PRO SSD passes through Korea's NRRA

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/hhn15l/samsung_980_pro_passes_through_koreas_nrra/

Crysis Remastered: Gameplay Trailer to be revealed on July 1 (6 PM CEST / 5 PM BST / 12PM EDT / 9AM PDT)

Last edited by Captain_Yuri - 4 days ago

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

I don't get the new 1650, specially with the next cards so close to launch.

And I thought it was obvious that AMD was also going the MCM route. It has done them wonders with their CPUs and it could also do the same for their GPUs. There were already talks about that in 2018 and probably before (but I'm to lazy to search them) https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd-navi-monolithic-gpu-design

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I hate that i cant adjust stuff in geforce experience, the game menu offers me MSAA4x or MSAA8x but i can't in anyway select that last option in GE, not even when i would make sacrifices on other options

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

it does it for your own good, to avoid the other sacrifices.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

My new TV is getting cheaper, even Amazon dropped it to 2800€ now. It's also getting great reviews from everywhere. Just waiting for the LTT review and then maybe I'll get weak and just buy it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

JEMC said:
it does it for your own good, to avoid the other sacrifices.

nah quite sure its GE being shit

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

vivster said:
My new TV is getting cheaper, even Amazon dropped it to 2800€ now. It's also getting great reviews from everywhere. Just waiting for the LTT review and then maybe I'll get weak and just buy it.

Which one are you getting again? I am looking for one as well.

One week ago I asked you opinion on what articles you wanted to see in the news. Thanks to Pemalite, Captain_Yuri, kirby007 and Viv (in his very own way) for taking your time to answer. Here are the results:

+Articles I post:

• Sales & player count numbers x1
  • Store deals and discounts x4
  • Store related changes/updates x1
  • Engine related news x2
  • Emulators x3
  • Mods & fan projects x4
  • Most game related info: announcements, trailers/gameplay videos, release dates, delays, etc x2
  • Denuvo related news, both new versions of it, games that use it and games that remove it

+Articles I don't post:

• Fan remakes that aren't and won't be available to download
  • News concerning subscription based services like GamePass. This is about PC games/gaming, and that doesn't meed PC to work.
  • eSports and competitions
  • Non gaming related news. I'm looking at you, PC Gamer with your TV shows and board games articles

By the looks of it, I can keep doing mostly the same. The only change, unless you let me know otherwise, will be the articles related to Denuvo: I'll stop reporting the new versions and the cracks, but I'll still post if a game uses it and when it's removed from a game.

Once again, thanks for your time.

Captain_Yuri said:
vivster said:

Which one are you getting again? I am looking for one as well.

The LG CX series? That's the model I'm interested in (48") and I think Viv said he wanted 2 65" of those :o

Its got a really good review score from RTINGS for PC and gaming - and other sites.