By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

vivster said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Time to get out the good old spray paint

There is one white cooler which is only slightly worse than the best coolers. Deepcool Castle 360EX

It's gonna be that one or NZXT Kraken X63 or the Silverstone Permafrost PF360.

There's also the Lian Li Galahad 360

https://www.lian-li.com/galahad-240-360/

You know, to make the decision a bit harder. Here's a review of it, in case you're interested: https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/lian_li_galahad_360_liquid_cooler_review,1.html

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Lian Li definitely has the prettiest cooler but I don't know if I can trust them as my very first liquid cooler.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I know that Lian Li isn't know for its coolers, but aren't most AIO units made by Asetek anyway?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

vivster said:
Lian Li definitely has the prettiest cooler but I don't know if I can trust them as my very first liquid cooler.

Lian Li are definitely a quality manufacturer... But we need to keep in mind that a single OEM (Astek) is making these and everyone else puts their badge on top.

vivster said:

I'm looking into AIO coolers right now and it seems they have come a long way. My next build is also gonna be all white.

Watched this video from GN to get a bit more info on what's currently going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VzXHUTqE7E

I'm pretty sure that at some point I said that I will never ever let liquid cooling into my PC but right now I'm seriously considering it. I'd of course go for a 360mm CLC to get better cooling and lower noise. The NZXT Kraken series seems to beat out even Noctua in both noise and cooling. Sadly it doesn't come in white, though neither does Noctua.

I have been using water cooling for decades, today it is as safe, convenient and plug-and-play as they are ever going to get...
It's not like the Corsair HydroCool from the mid 2000's that's for sure.

In-fact I think closed loop coolers are simply "good enough" that I have pretty much abandoned any custom water cooling loops... Then again I also don't bother with multi-GPU, multi-monitor setups anymore either, don't have the time or energy to be dealing with all that.

But when it comes to the cooler itself, it's the fans that influence the benchmarks the most and thus I would base my entire purchasing decision on warranty offered.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Leaked IO ports of the 3090

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

That took way too long, but it's amazing.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Captain_Yuri said:

Can't be the 3090 since that one has a triple-slot cooler and the one on the picture is only dual-slot.

But that PSU connector would definitely fit!

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 26 August 2020

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Can't be the 3090 since that one has a triple-slot cooler and the one on the picture is only dual-slot.

You are right, the picture he posted is indeed fake. They just leaked the real one:

vivster said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

You are right, the picture he posted is indeed fake. They just leaked the real one:

You need to add 2 more, we're only at 6 pins here XD

So I'm looking for more parts for my new build. Does anyone really think it's worth to go AMD just for PCIe4? I really don't want to spend money on Zen2 when there is a perfectly fine 10900K. And I really don't want to wait for a Zen 3 that may or may not come this year unless I really have to.

Also, there are apparently no white mainboards for either Intel or AMD, I hate people.