By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

QUAKECore89 said:
http://wccftech.com/dishonored-2-game-director-distressed-pc-performance-issues-says-not-port/

Oh my god. They screwed up the game engine, Void engine has pieces of both id tech 5 & 6 then rewrite more for about 90% of its code.

I heard people saying it's rendering DX11....

After the debacle with Skyrim SE which is still ongoing I'm starting to feel Bethesda should not be allowed near any of their own games, I fear for D2 owners because any patch they release could render the game unplayable for many like they did with the former.

Around the Network

I've waited for this a long time.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/11/11/htcs-vive-vr-headset-gets-unplugged-via-220-wireless-add-on/

I hope this will become an official add-on for the next VR generation.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
JEMC said:

@vivster: How's you search for that dual monitor arm?

Looking at other things I've found one that could work for you, the Silverstone ARM24BS. It can hold 2 24"(8Kg) monitors, has a good base and it's not very expensive.

I kinda gave up on it. I simulated it and  it turns out having the monitor on the right is more comfortable. Hopefully my next monitor will have both HDMI and DP so I can use it for both PC and console.

Sadly they still haven't engineered my dream monitor so I can buy it. Speaking of it, they still haven't released the Samsung 960 Pro either. Let me give you my money goddammit!

There is no such thing as a dream monitor. There's always something coming in the "near" future that pushes our goals.

But, out of curiosity, how would that dream monitor be?

Wyrdness said:
QUAKECore89 said:
http://wccftech.com/dishonored-2-game-director-distressed-pc-performance-issues-says-not-port/

Oh my god. They screwed up the game engine, Void engine has pieces of both id tech 5 & 6 then rewrite more for about 90% of its code.

After the debacle with Skyrim SE which is still ongoing I'm starting to feel Bethesda should not be allowed near any of their own games, I fear for D2 owners because any patch they release could render the game unplayable for many like they did with the former.

One would think that, with Bethesda not allowing reviewers to publish reviews ahead of launch, journalists (to call them something) will start giving more importance in their scores to those bugs the company is known for, forcing them to make a better, or at least fully working, product.

Sadly, I doubt reviewers will score their games down because of the bugs, and I doubt even more that Bethesda would change because of that.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
vivster said:

I kinda gave up on it. I simulated it and  it turns out having the monitor on the right is more comfortable. Hopefully my next monitor will have both HDMI and DP so I can use it for both PC and console.

Sadly they still haven't engineered my dream monitor so I can buy it. Speaking of it, they still haven't released the Samsung 960 Pro either. Let me give you my money goddammit!

There is no such thing as a dream monitor. There's always something coming in the "near" future that pushes our goals.

They almost have it. They're just 44Hz short.

It's just 34", 3440x1440, 144Hz, G-Sync. This is the closest they've come so far.

https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-SWIFT-PG348Q

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
JEMC said:

It's just 34", 3440x1440, 144Hz, G-Sync. This is the closest they've come so far.

What?! No OLED for your dream monitor?

That's far from a dream .

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
vivster said:

The thing is I want a new monitor within my lifetime.

vivster said:
JEMC said:

An affordable OLED monitor will happen within our lifetime, at least I hope so because I think it will happen in less than 10 years.

Btw, mine would be a 24/25", 1440p OLED monitor, though I wouldn't mind a 34" ultrawide with the same specs (but that would require a physical space I don't have right now).

JEMC said:
vivster said:

An affordable OLED monitor will happen within our lifetime, at least I hope so because I think it will happen in less than 10 years.

Btw, mine would be a 24/25", 1440p OLED monitor, though I wouldn't mind a 34" ultrawide with the same specs (but that would require a physical space I don't have right now).

By the time usable OLED monitors come out the ancient technology of producing giant pixels like in 1440p will be lost.

Wyrdness said:
QUAKECore89 said:

I'm not sure what you're saying.  What does Skyrim have to do with a game developed by another developer?  Are you saying Bethesda was doing development work on Dishonored 2?  Is that a fact or a rumor?

vivster said:
JEMC said:

By the time usable OLED monitors come out the ancient technology of producing giant pixels like in 1440p will be lost.

Well, I'll have to deal with 4K then. After all, by then every card will be able to handle that res with ease .