By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

JEMC said:

It looks like Mafia 3 is a shitty port, even worse than we thought based on those 30fps cap.

http://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/mafia-iii-test-gpu

Very, very poorly optimized and no SLI/X-Fire support.

It's too heavey !   But this game don't look so beautiful. 

Around the Network
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
JEMC said:

It looks like Mafia 3 is a shitty port, even worse than we thought based on those 30fps cap.

http://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/mafia-iii-test-gpu

Very, very poorly optimized and no SLI/X-Fire support.

It's too heavey !   But this game don't look so beautiful. 

It's the wonder of sh!tty ports, they don't need to look good to run like crap.

By the way, here's another benchmark with similar results: http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Mafia-3-Spiel-13148/Specials/Technik-Test-Review-1210010/

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Pre-ordered Shadow Warrior 2 on GOG.

JEMC said:
Chazore said:
It's been a long time since I last played a Gears game. I'd love to hop into the latest one, but for that I'd need to shift towards Windows 10, buy a license and bother myself with 10 itself. I'd rather pass on that though, 10 isn't designed for me, nor geared towards benefiting me.

Mafia III however, is likely to be this years piss poor joke of a port, between that and the Bioshock remasters, 2K has shot it's rep and quality in the foot.

I feel like the past few years have shown us that most AAA devs out there can be quite lazy when it comes to delivering a quality port/game, compared to Indie devs and some AAA devs who put in their time and effort. I hope there comes a trend where the worst are shown for who they are and treated as such, with them having to work harder the next few releases in order to make up for their shoddy work.

That claim, and I agree with you, makes me worry about DX12 and SLI/X-fire setups.

If I remember it right, in SX12 it's the devs who have to write the code to enable SLI/X-fire, it's not something AMD or Nvidia can do with their drivers. With that in mind, and the recent cases of piss poor ports, it makes me wonder what's the future of multi-GPU setups.

With the way performance has been going for some of these AA games and DX 12, I don't hold out much hope for SLI/Crossfire setups, especially since all devs aren't entirely supporting it either. Honestly it feels like it'll take another 5 years until it's widely tailored to.

vivster said:
What we need now is DX13, which will just be Vulkan.                                     

I'm hopeful that Vulkan pulls through over the next few years. It would benefit all parties in the longrun than just a single company.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
vivster said:
What we need now is DX13, which will just be Vulkan.                                     

I'm hopeful that Vulkan pulls through over the next few years. It would benefit all parties in the longrun than just a single company.

I'm not optimistic with Vulkan. The same way so little devs used OpenGL, I doubt many will jump from the API they've used for so many years to Vulkan.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

I'm not optimistic with Vulkan. The same way so little devs used OpenGL, I doubt many will jump from the API they've used for so many years to Vulkan.

Thing is, if they go the DX route again, we'll have another scenario where gamers like me egt left in the dust, lest we adhere to MS with Win 10 and I'm not going to be using that OS any time soon. I'd love to have actual options rather than the monopoly that's screwed PC gaming for years winning out again because they are the only option.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

The question is, do the devs care about that?

Windows 10 has the most amount of market share right now. Both Intel and AMD cpus which are coming require you to have windows 10 or Linux/OSX. All new PCs are coming with Windows 10. And at its worst, a few years down the line, MS will drop support/security updates for Windows 7. So one way or another, majority of the people will be on Windows 10 so I doubt the devs will care that the minority of people will be left out. Specially since majority don't care about Linux or OSX either.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Chazore said:
JEMC said:

Thing is, if they go the DX route again, we'll have another scenario where gamers like me egt left in the dust, lest we adhere to MS with Win 10 and I'm not going to be using that OS any time soon. I'd love to have actual options rather than the monopoly that's screwed PC gaming for years winning out again because they are the only option.

Unfortunately, the decision to move to Win10 or not is yours, not from the developers.

They'll do what's best for them.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKK!!!!!!!!!!!

http://studiomdhr.com/cuphead-coming-mid-2017-2/

ktay95 said:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKK!!!!!!!!!!!

http://studiomdhr.com/cuphead-coming-mid-2017-2/

Oh, bummer... "mid" 2017 hm? I feel ya bra.