By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

It better have some funky glam to it.

Also more Funky Karazhan theme in the background, can't get enough of that song.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

So it has begun ... 

Microsoft has started to roll out a sneak peak of Shader Model 6 so let's take a review some of the funtionality. WaveBallot returns a 64-bit mask which coincidentally matches the width of the SGPRs found in console GPUs. WavePrefixSum is just a total sum of the active lanes which is gained by using Waveballot but console GPUs have two instructions in 32-bit width which evaluates the total sum of both the lower significant bits along with the higher significant bits from the active lanes returned by the 64-bit mask. WaveReadFirstLane is just a special case of WaveReadLaneAt, these are useful for reducing VGPR pressure in console GPUs by moving the data into the SGPRs since it assumes that the value will be uniform thoughout execution ... 

But the most stand out stuff so far in shader model 6 is ordered append which is pretty orthogonal to the other wave intrinsics but consoles GPUs have a special hardware implementation of this function that resides in that tiny and extremely fast 64KB cache that's effectively visible by every vector unit which is not only useful for global synchronization yet it can be used in some kernels that require a counter that is accessed in the order of the created waves ... 

It's official, Blizzard is actively fucking with priests. Everyone gets OP cards while Priest gets only garbage and cards that are objectively worse than what they already have. This is a fucking joke.

Waiting for the Purify memes.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

fatslob-:O said:

So it has begun ... 

Microsoft has started to roll out a sneak peak of Shader Model 6 so let's take a review some of the funtionality. WaveBallot returns a 64-bit mask which coincidentally matches the width of the SGPRs found in console GPUs. WavePrefixSum is just a total sum of the active lanes which is gained by using Waveballot but console GPUs have two instructions in 32-bit width which evaluates the total sum of both the lower significant bits along with the higher significant bits from the active lanes returned by the 64-bit mask. WaveReadFirstLane is just a special case of WaveReadLaneAt, these are useful for reducing VGPR pressure in console GPUs by moving the data into the SGPRs since it assumes that the value will be uniform thoughout execution ... 

But the most stand out stuff so far in shader model 6 is ordered append which is pretty orthogonal to the other wave intrinsics but consoles GPUs have a special hardware implementation of this function that resides in that tiny and extremely fast 64KB cache that's effectively visible by every vector unit which is not only useful for global synchronization yet it can be used in some kernels that require a counter that is accessed in the order of the created waves ... 

Sweet!

Also. I doubt anyone would care or know what the hell you are talking about on this forum besides a small select few. :P

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

^I concur, and I'm not one of the select few.

By the way, yesterday I noticed something: we have made more posts since zarx left than when we was in charge of this thread. And that makes me sad .

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Just checked out some Titan X reviews. Seems it's pretty much consistently 80% above the 980ti in both 1440p and 4k. Seems fine to upgrade.

I just hope that by the time I can buy it they will have finally released a proper monitor. I'm looking for 3440x1440, G-Sync, 144Hz. So far the ones available only go up to 100Hz.

I know I already quoted you for this, and said that I expect that kind of monitor to be available by the end of the year, but I'm affraid I was too optimistic.

I found this story from June (Computex) at tftcentral:

LG.Display to Produce 144Hz IPS Panels Including 34" 1440p

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/35.htm#lg.display_144hz

LG.Display look to be finally investing in development of high refresh rate IPS panels. We've seen the odd panel mentioned in their roadmaps in the last couple of years but never seen anything go in to final production, or at least be adopted by any monitor manufacturer. Meanwhile rival panel manufacturer AU Optronics have been developing their equivalent AHVA IPS-type technology with high refresh rate for a while now, resulting in the World's first 27" 2560 x 1440 IPS-type panel with 144Hz refresh rate back in Feb 2015 in the form of the Acer Predator XB270HU. Further models in this size have followed from Asus, Eizo and others. More recently AUO have developed a prototype 27" 144Hz IPS-type panel with 3840 x 2160 Ultra HD resolution, which was shown off at this year's Computex in an Asus display prototype. So it's about time LG.Display joined in the high refresh rate IPS market!

Perhaps the most interesting panel is planned for Q1 production 2017 at the moment. This is a new version of the LM340UW3 panel (revision tbc). This is a 34" curved ultra-wide IPS panel (1900R curvature) with a 3440 x 1440 resolution. It will offer a 144Hz refresh rate as well! Current 34" widescreen displays are making use of a native 60Hz IPS panel from LG.Display, overclocked in some cases to 100Hz maximum where a G-sync module is added to the screen. With the arrival of this 144Hz native panel we assume it will also need to use DisplayPort v1.3 connectivity but this will allow refresh rates to be significantly improved in this sector. With a native support of 144Hz we may also see some screens paired with blur reduction backlights which would be welcome in the 34" space as well. Nothing else staggering from the current listed spec which is updated in our panel parts database.

Additionally there is a 2560 x 1080 resolution IPS panel of this same size (34" ultra-wide, curved, 3800R curvature) planned for production a little sooner, in August 2016. The LM340UW1 (revision tbc).

Just to make the distinction as well, we are talking about LG.Display as a panel manufacturer here, not LG as a monitor manufacturer. Once panels go in to mass production it's usually 2 - 3 months before we see them picked up by a monitor manufacturer, and then another couple of months usually before those monitors are widely available to buy. So although it's exciting news that we will see some 34" 3440 x 1440 IPS panels at 144Hz eventually, it won't be until mid 2017 by the look of it - at least based on these LG.Display panels.

So, it looks like there won't be anything until mid 2017. Being positive, that gives you time to wait for a 1080Ti or maybe even a Pascal v.2 or Volta based card.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

So, it looks like there won't be anything until mid 2017. Being positive, that gives you time to wait for a 1080Ti or maybe even a Pascal v.2 or Volta based card.

Guess I'll have to wait then. It really depends on the next months and my new job how much I can splurge. Worst case scenario is that I can only afford to go all in at the end of next year. Best case I can double dip at the start of next year with a Titan and a 100Hz Panel and then  later upgrade to Volta and 144Hz.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Metroid 2 remake for PC:
http://kotaku.com/brilliant-fan-remake-of-metroid-ii-arrives-just-in-time-1784929739
http://metroid2remake.blogspot.de/p/am2r-downloads.html

Pemalite said:

Sweet!

Also. I doubt anyone would care or know what the hell you are talking about on this forum besides a small select few. :P

I was extremely surprised that Microsoft would expose globally static SIMD width since that does not fit well with Intel GPU architectures but even more so that they would get the equivalent of DS_Ordered_Count from AMD GPUs when no other GPU architectures natively provide the same globally accessible fast cache with counters that are accessed in wavefront creation order ... 

I'm curious to know whether that'll change for the better for other IHVs or whether Microsoft will futher cave in to the pressure to add more console specific implementations to the shader language ... 

I'm interested to see how this'll all play out with project Scorpio. Just imagine, Microsoft trying to push shader model 6.1 with their console hardware update to expose the more new hardware features ... 

I think we're on the verge of emulating current gen HD twins since the adequate tools are more becoming available ... 

JEMC said:

By the way, yesterday I noticed something: we have made more posts since zarx left than when we was in charge of this thread. And that makes me sad .

Why don't you be in charge of this thread ?  

Conina said:
Metroid 2 remake for PC:
http://kotaku.com/brilliant-fan-remake-of-metroid-ii-arrives-just-in-time-1784929739
http://metroid2remake.blogspot.de/p/am2r-downloads.html

Cool! Thanks for the links.

fatslob-:O said:
JEMC said:

Why don't you be in charge of this thread ?  

No, thanks.

I like being just one of the contributors of the thread. That way, whenever I get tired of posting the news, I can just stop doing it without feeling guilty .