By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Just ignore the Fools Founders Editions, better even wait a few months until the prices of all new cards settle depending on supply, demand and price-performance.

Around the Network
Conina said:

Just ignore the Fools Founders Editions, better even wait a few months until the prices of all new cards settle depending on supply, demand and price-performance.

Oh, I'll stay away from those overpriced Founders cards (even with the fan problem solved soon), and I would be surprised if Nvidia doesn't respond to the RX 480 thread.

What I don't know is how they'll do it: Will they just lower the price of the 970 & 980 while they work on the 1060? Or will they rush the 1060 to compete with it? Or they could also lower the price of the 1070 to what the 970 was at launch?

In any case, first we'll have to see how the 480 performs, because if it doesn't perform at least on par with the 390X, then what's the point of this card?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

They will release a 1060 to counter the RX 480, probably in August or September.

Looks like my friend can't buy Geforce GTX 1080 this month, well i have no choice, i'll give him my GTX 980 until the price get fixed sometime later.

Don't blame Nvidia, blame Amazon & eBay.

Conina said:
They will release a 1060 to counter the RX 480, probably in August or September.

Do you think they'll be ok waiting two months to counter AMD's movement?

QUAKECore89 said:
Looks like my friend can't buy Geforce GTX 1080 this month, well i have no choice, i'll give him my GTX 980 until the price get fixed sometime later.

I do blame Nvidia. They don't have enough supply of their Founders cards and the AIB cards aren't available yet.

And if you give him your card, what will you use?

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Conina said:

QUAKECore89 said:

I do blame Nvidia. They don't have enough supply of their Founders cards and the AIB cards aren't available yet.

I'm using Radeon R9 390.

QUAKECore89 said:
JEMC said:

I'm using Radeon R9 390.

You have/had an R9 390 and a GTX 980?

You're a weird man.

JEMC said:
QUAKECore89 said:

I'm using Radeon R9 390.

You're a weird man.

Lol i love benches and see weird problems. ;p

JEMC said:
Conina said:

Why shouldn't they be okay? They are earning more than enough profit from all their other GPUs until the 1060 is available, especially from the 1080/1070 early adopters. They also have the option to slash the prices of the 970 + 960 to have a attractive alternatives to the RX 480 until the 1060 can launch.

It also remains to be seen if the supply of the RX 480 cards can meet the demand or if it will be a paper launch.

QUAKECore89 said:
JEMC said:

You're a weird man.

Lol i love benches and see weird problems. ;p

You have an expensive hobby.

Conina said:
JEMC said:

Why shouldn't they be okay? They are earning more than enough profit from all their other GPUs until the 1060 is available, especially from the 1080/1070 early adopters. They also have the option to slash the prices of the 970 + 960 to have a attractive alternatives to the RX 480 until the 1060 can launch.

It also remains to be seen if the supply of the RX 480 cards can meet the demand or if it will be a paper launch.

Nvidia hasn't earned their priviliged position by letting AMD do their own thing without messing in their plans, so I expect them to do something now too.

And make a price cut on the 970/980 to counter the 480 is one of the possibilities that I mentioned in my other post. And doing that with the 960 wouldn't be as effective as it's already a ˜200 € card (4GB variant) and would be a lot slower than the 480. Only the 970/980 would work against the 480.

As for being a paper launch or a hard launch, I'll go with a hard one. If AMD had intention to do a paper one, they could have "launched" the cards at Computex or at E3, not on June 29th.