By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

BasilZero said:
JEMC said:

I see. At least now you know what to do with your channel . You could link some of those videos here every now and then.

And Basil, the same offer goes to you!

Will do when I get the chance - I can post my vids each time I upload them. Been busy but still try to upload/record as much.

currently doing final fantasy 8 on steam and Pokemon yellow from gbc

Great!

QUAKECore89 said:
Hey JEMC, just remind you something.

I think 1080/1070 card is great, Nvidia improved 3x energy efficiency & 3x peformance better than heavy TDP Titan X/980Ti, sooooooo....yeah, it's great for enclosure GPU or monster mini-itx PC rig look like console on native 4K UHDTV.

Erm... We 1080 don't know the real performance of the 1080, much less the one of the 1070, but the numbers are not even close to that.

If that deleted video is anything to go by, the 1080 is around 50% faster than the 980Ti. And with the 1080 being a 180W card and the 980Ti a 250W, the power consumption reduction is roughly 30%.

How do you go from those numbers to that 3x?

Also, many mini-itx cases (Cooler Master's CM120 and 130, Prodigy, etc) can house regular graphic cards.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
BasilZero said:

Will do when I get the chance - I can post my vids each time I upload them. Been busy but still try to upload/record as much.

currently doing final fantasy 8 on steam and Pokemon yellow from gbc

Great!

QUAKECore89 said:
Hey JEMC, just remind you something.

I think 1080/1070 card is great, Nvidia improved 3x energy efficiency & 3x peformance better than heavy TDP Titan X/980Ti, sooooooo....yeah, it's great for enclosure GPU or monster mini-itx PC rig look like console on native 4K UHDTV.

Erm... We 1080 don't know the real performance of the 1080, much less the one of the 1070, but the numbers are not even close to that.

If that deleted video is anything to go by, the 1080 is around 50% faster than the 980Ti. And with the 1080 being a 180W card and the 980Ti a 250W, the power consumption reduction is roughly 30%.

Also, many mini-itx cases (Cooler Master's CM120 and 130, Prodigy, etc) can house regular graphic cards.

I'm totally forgot which one of 3x or 2x, didn't bother recheck xP

I heard many people recommeneded the fractal node 202, but fitting is hard.. :S

QUAKECore89 said:
JEMC said:

Great!

*Goes to check online*

You've choosen an old fashioned case!

It seems that it doesn't fit cards longer than 310mm, but even that should be enough for reference gfx cards, the 980Ti, 980 and 970 with stock coolers are shorter than that. Did you get one with a third party cooler?

Also, a new rumor about AMD and Vega

AMD allegedly pushes VEGA GPU forward to October

http://videocardz.com/59808/amd-vega-gpu-allegedly-pushed-forward-to-october
and here (in german): http://www.3dcenter.org/news/amd-zieht-den-vega-launch-angeblich-auf-oktober-2016-vor

According to 3DCenter, AMD decided to release VEGA sooner than previously planned. VEGA 10 GPU (’10’ is speculated codename) is currently expected to launch alongside Battlefield 1 somewhere in October. This is of course just preliminary date, which can still change in one way or another, but it basically means VEGA would launch one quarter sooner than official roadmaps originally suggested.

Is AMD that affraid of the GTX1080? Did they underestimate Nvidia and thought they would be closer than they are with Polaris? Things are getting interesting!

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
QUAKECore89 said:

*Goes to check online*

It seems that it doesn't fit cards longer than 310mm, but even that should be enough for reference gfx cards, the 980Ti, 980 and 970 with stock coolers are shorter than that. Did you get one with a third party cooler?

Yes! It's Noctua NH-L9x65. I actually checked the TDP guideline 1st for intel core i7 EXTREME.

http://noctua.at/en/nh_l9x65_tdp_guidelines

So I found this clip wandering around tumblr and I had to splice it with the latest JoJo meme: 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:

So I found this clip wandering around tumblr and I had to splice it with the latest JoJo meme: 

RIP yogaguy.

Chazore said:
zero129 said:

I think your being too hard on yourself about it and this is why your not having fun.

Try a different class like medic and conquest large 64 play battle game mode.

Now invision youself as the medic, its your job to keep your team alive not to worry about kills (Even if they are nice).

Lay back a bit, dont try charging in before your team remember thats not your job. just revive your team and rack up the points this way.

It will bring you into the game well you get better plus you will be having more fun this way i think till you get more better.

It's not that I;m being too hard, it;s that my eyes aren't what they used to be nor my fingers, I;m no longer the type of guy that can react as fast as someone who spends their year(s) playing the game and getting better at it.

I've tried different classes, it's not a class issue for me, it's the general flow and colours. Far too many times have I been killed in broad daylight because one guy was cleverly hidden by a few shadows despite it being as bright as day, then of course those maps that generally become darker as time passes with your only salvation being a flare/flashlight, even those give you away more than being helpful. 

I'm actually not the type that just runs and guns in a lot lol. I'm the type that takes their time and tries to assess his surroundings to find any movement about, only to get picked off half a mile away by some dude with a machinegun than say a sniper rifle. 

Most of the time I find myself playing engi because I focus on taking down aircraft and repairing tanks but that's the baseline of what I can do and I honestly want to do more than just those two jobs. 

So you are...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

QUAKECore89 said:
JEMC said:

*Goes to check online*

Yes! It's Noctua NH-L9x65. I actually checked the TDP guideline 1st for intel core i7 EXTREME.

I meant a graphics cards with an after market cooler, as in not the reference design. Because some of those coolers are longer than the reference ones and can make installation a PITA.

JEMC said:
QUAKECore89 said:

I meant a graphics cards with an after market cooler, as in not the reference design. Because some of those coolers are longer than the reference ones and can make installation a PITA.

Oh, my bad - My friend is waiting for GTX 1080 or GTX 1070 mini similar like this. If it didn't happen, then maybe he would go for 980 Ti with after market cooler.

QUAKECore89 said:
JEMC said:

Oh, my bad - My friend is waiting for GTX 1080 or GTX 1070 mini similar like this. If it didn't happen, then maybe he would go for 980 Ti with after market cooler.

Those kind of cards don't appear at launch but usually +6 months after launch.

Also, careful with the 980Ti with after market coolers. The reference one with the blower cooler measures ˜27cm (enough to fit in the node 202 case) but some ASUS, Gigabyte or MSI cards are longer than 30cm.