By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Rhonin the wizard said:

And AC Shadows is delayed to 14 February 2025.

Ubisoft updates its financial targets for FY2024-25
https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2024/09/25/2953181/0/en/Ubisoft-updates-its-financial-targets-for-FY2024-25.html
Assassin’s Creed Shadows will now be released on 14 February 2025. While the game is feature complete, the learnings from the Star Wars Outlaws release led us to provide additional time to further polish the title. This will enable the biggest entry in the franchise to fully deliver on its ambition, notably by fulfilling the promise of our dual protagonist adventure, with Naoe and Yasuke bringing two very different gameplay styles.

Also

The game will mark the return of our new releases on Steam Day 1.

I almost want to wonder why, but then I realised they're still doing damage control and also they'll be releasing it before their fiscal summary, which is honestly just a shit move.

Them deciding to release on Steam day 1 is a mark of desperate as well. We all know it'll enforce U(can't) connect, so the difference is minimal, but they still want Steam users to inflate their sales numbers.

Last edited by Chazore - 1 hour ago

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Monster Hunter Wilds is coming to PC on February 28th
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/monster-hunter-wilds-is-coming-to-pc-on-february-28th/
Capcom has announced that its latest Monster Hunter game, Monster Hunter Wilds, will be released on February 28th, 2025. To celebrate this announcement, the team has also shared a new gameplay trailer which you can find below.
>> And it will be either the prettiest game ever, or one of the worst optimized ones, given what that its system requirements ask for.

A 4060/6700XT for 1080p 60 fps  at medium settings with frame generation on..... I thought developers were smoking crack when they listed FSR/DLSS in the specs and enabled them by default but this is even dumber.

If this is anything like Monster Hunter World and some of the RE games then it is likely going to take up a lot of vram also.

WoodenPints said:
JEMC said:

Monster Hunter Wilds is coming to PC on February 28th
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/monster-hunter-wilds-is-coming-to-pc-on-february-28th/
Capcom has announced that its latest Monster Hunter game, Monster Hunter Wilds, will be released on February 28th, 2025. To celebrate this announcement, the team has also shared a new gameplay trailer which you can find below.
>> And it will be either the prettiest game ever, or one of the worst optimized ones, given what that its system requirements ask for.

A 4060/6700XT for 1080p 60 fps  at medium settings with frame generation on..... I thought developers were smoking crack when they listed FSR/DLSS in the specs and enabled them by default but this is even dumber.

If this is anything like Monster Hunter World and some of the RE games then it is likely going to take up a lot of vram also.

Yeah.

To me it looks like some devs have decided that upscaling and frame generation tools are a gift gien to them so that they can avoid doing so much optimization. Which is ridiculous because it only limits the amount of people that can enjoy their games. And by enjoy I mean more than running it on low or med settings to make it somewhat playable.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

WoodenPints said:

Also prepare your eyes for the delicious blurry Vaseline hair waving around and ghosting as your character moves about the place.

Capcom still haven't really learned from that, since I saw that being evident in REmake 4.I know they don't see it as a big issue, but a few of us do and it's annoying that they still haven't sorted that out for years now. I'd actually like to appreciate the effort they put into their hairworks, but I can't if it's blurred to shit and ghosting all over the place...

Also I'm really not liking devs relying more and more on AI to carry a card. I said before that AI is being used as a crux, instead of a tool that can compliment the product/work effort, and it's showing and well, people like me are being muscled out really fast with this adoption method. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
WoodenPints said:

Also prepare your eyes for the delicious blurry Vaseline hair waving around and ghosting as your character moves about the place.

Capcom still haven't really learned from that, since I saw that being evident in REmake 4.I know they don't see it as a big issue, but a few of us do and it's annoying that they still haven't sorted that out for years now. I'd actually like to appreciate the effort they put into their hairworks, but I can't if it's blurred to shit and ghosting all over the place...

Also I'm really not liking devs relying more and more on AI to carry a card. I said before that AI is being used as a crux, instead of a tool that can compliment the product/work effort, and it's showing and well, people like me are being muscled out really fast with this adoption method. 

I didn't post it back then because I found it depressing, but this is the future that awaits us:

'We can't do computer graphics anymore without artificial intelligence. We compute one pixel, we infer the other 32': Jensen thinks AI is integral to next-gen graphics tech
https://www.pcgamer.com/hardware/we-cant-do-computer-graphics-anymore-without-artificial-intelligence-we-compute-one-pixel-we-infer-the-other-32-jensen-thinks-ai-is-integral-to-next-gen-graphics-tech/
Unless you've been living under a rock, you may have noticed a trend in PC gaming in recent years—and that trend is upscaling. While AMD's compute-based FSR has improved over its various iterations, as we recently found in our testing, it's still not a patch on Nvidia's AI-powered DLSS for image preservation. And according to Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang, we're now at a point where AI has become all-but-essential for next-generation graphics tech.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

I didn't post it back then because I found it depressing, but this is the future that awaits us:

'We can't do computer graphics anymore without artificial intelligence. We compute one pixel, we infer the other 32': Jensen thinks AI is integral to next-gen graphics tech
https://www.pcgamer.com/hardware/we-cant-do-computer-graphics-anymore-without-artificial-intelligence-we-compute-one-pixel-we-infer-the-other-32-jensen-thinks-ai-is-integral-to-next-gen-graphics-tech/
Unless you've been living under a rock, you may have noticed a trend in PC gaming in recent years—and that trend is upscaling. While AMD's compute-based FSR has improved over its various iterations, as we recently found in our testing, it's still not a patch on Nvidia's AI-powered DLSS for image preservation. And according to Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang, we're now at a point where AI has become all-but-essential for next-generation graphics tech.

This is why we can't have nice things...

Next thing you know we'll need AI to assist Ai that can't even multitask.

Ahh yes, banned from the Ubisoft article comments section for pointing out that an English Historian was fired for butchering some actual real world history and editing a wiki page multiple times, while also expressing my own point on distrusting Wiki pages due to them being meddled with, so my comments get deleted...very professional...

Someone on this site has not told me how to talk their mind, and I wish to know who that is.

I did no such trolling, nor did I insult the user who was replying to me. I was stating what had happened to said author, what happened to Yasuke's official wiki page, and me not trsuting said wikis, because I know full well that people can vandalise them and post whatever they like on them. 

Last edited by Chazore - 16 minutes ago