By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

A big name of yesterday has bite the dust:

End of the Road: An AnandTech Farewell

https://www.anandtech.com/show/21542/end-of-the-road-an-anandtech-farewell

It's unexpected but, to be honest, not that surprising. It was no longer the site it used to be and the number of reviews and articles coming from them showed that.

Well, I wish the best for the team.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Truly the end of an era, but like you said, they hadn't been that great for a while.

In other, better, news, here's something that may come in handy for you all:

This open source tool updates DLSS to the latest version in all your games at once and no matter the launcher
https://www.pcgamer.com/hardware/this-open-source-tool-updates-dlss-to-the-latest-version-in-all-your-games-at-once-and-no-matter-the-launcher/
If you play a wide range of games, you'll be familiar with the concept of multiple launchers, clogging up your system tray and segmenting your gaming experience. And if you're an Nvidia GPU owner, you'll likely also be familiar with DLSS and all the upscaling benefits it provides—each version of the upscaling tech (usually) better than the last. 

However, up until now you'd either have to rely on games updating themselves to the latest DLSS DLL via one of these launchers, or getting down and dirty with the DLL files yourself to ensure you're using the latest version.

Redditor i-Deco has built a more convenient solution. The DLSS Updater tool enables "pseudo-automatic upgrades" across multiple launchers and games to keep your DLSS version up-to-date, with a one-click update feature to apply the latest version of Nvidia's tech to all detected games.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

I've thought many times to get into the "Tales of" games, but I've never done it. I think I even asked here which would be the best game in the series to play first, but given that I don't remember if I asked it or not, it's fair to assume that I don't know which game would that be.

And let's be honest, knowing you all, that question would probably end with three replies and 4 game names.

In any case, that would be come later, as I still have to start again (and this time finish) Trails in the Sky.

Depends on how you want to play it - whether its through actual releases on Steam or emulation.

Through emulation you have a larger variety of games you can try out - I would recommend Tales of Phantasia (PS1 fan translated or the GBA version which was released in the US/EU). You can also try out to emulate Tales of the Abyss on PS2 (since the 3DS version is unplayable through the emulator) or Tales of Eternia for PSP (or the PS1 version where its known as Tales of Destiny 2).

Tales of Phantasia is the first game in the series, originally released for the Super Nintendo - the developers include the team that made Star Ocean. It was released for the SNES, GBA, PS1 and iOS (delisted). Its a 2D Tales game. I finished the PS1 version back in 2009 and played a bit of the SNES version in the early 2000s. Gameplay system is really fun and the story is decent.

Tales of the Abyss is a 3D Tales game which was originally released for the PS2 and was re-released for the 3DS (but it was also delisted). I find the story/cast to be charming and the gameplay is fun. I played the PS2 version back in 2010.

Tales of Eternia (Destiny II PS1) is another 2D tales game released originally on PS1 as Tales of Destiny II (before the real Destiny 2 came out on PS2). It was renamed to Eternia for the PSP, this was my first entry to the Tales series, played the PSP back in 2008.

--

As for modern releases (PC) - I havent really played any of them (Vesperia, Berseria, Zestiria or Arise) but Symphonia is okay, I played it on the Gamecube back in 2013.

The story and gameplay are okay, its a big fan favorite but I wouldnt put it in my top 3. The big downside to this game is that the PC version is capped at 30 FPS because its a port of the PS3 remaster which ran on 30 FPS (same with the modern console versions on PS4/Xbox/Switch). The Gamecube version is the only one that runs the game at 60 FPS.

The recently announced Tales of Graces F remaster which comes out in January 2025 is $40 and I highly recommend it. Its my highest scored game in the series (despite the fact that Abyss is my favorite storyline wise). I finished Graces F on PS3 back in 2021 and I plan to multi dip the game on all consoles and Steam :P.

Personally , next Tales game I'm planning to play will be Xillia 2 on PS3 (if it doesnt get announced next month or so) or Tales of Vesperia on Switch (I have it on PC, Xbox and Playstation as well) . I still need to play Berseria and Zestiria which I have on both Steam and PS4.

Last Tales game I finished was Xillia 1 for PS3 back in 2021 (after I beat Graces F also on PS3) so I'm overdue to play another one.

These are all the Tales games I played and how I scored them

Tales of Phantasia (PS1): 90
Tales of the Abyss (PS2): 90
Tales of Eternia (PSP): N/A
Tales of Legendia (PS2): 83
Tales of Symphonia (GCN): 88
Tales of Graces F (PS3): 94
Tales of Xillia (PS3): 87
Tales of the Tempest (DS): 64
Tales of Innocence (DS): 84
Tales of the World Radiant Mythology (PSP): 72

Thank you, Basil.

Around the Network

Well, I said I'd do them later this week, and here we are: Steam's Best releases of June

JUNE

ASKA (Early Access)
link
link
Blade and Sorcery (VR Only)
link
Bodycam (Early Access)
link
Chained Together
link
Crime Boss: Rockay City
link
Dark and Darker (Early Access)
link
Drug Dealer Simulator 2
link
Empires of the Undergrowth
link
Killer Klowns from Outer Space: The Game
link
KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX-
link
Legend of Mortal
link
Oh Deer
link
Pax Dei (Early Access)
link
Riven
link
Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance
link
Still Wakes the Deep
link
The First Descendant
link

Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic
link

And also:

JULY

7 Days to Die
link
Anger Foot
link
Artisan TD
link
Cataclismo (Early Access)
link
Chinese Online Game
link
Dungeonborne (Early Access)
link
EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 6
link
Enlisted
link
F1 Manager 2024
link
Kingdom Rush 5: Alliance TD
link
Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess
link
Metal Slug: Awakening
link
Nobody Wants to Die
link
Norland (Early Access)
link
Once Human
link
STAR WARS: Bounty Hunter
link
Stormgate (Early Access)
link
Sword of Convallaria
link
TerraScape
link

The Crust (Early Access)
link

Can you imagine a more generic name than "Chinese Online Game"? XD

Anyway, I while doing them I found out that there's a PAX West Event going on, with some games on discount: https://store.steampowered.com/sale/paxwest24

AMD Radeon RX 8000 “RDNA 4” GPUs Similar To Radeon RX 5000 “RDNA 1” Segmentation, Navi 44 XL GPU Spotted

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-8000-rdna-4-gpus-similar-rx-5000-rdna-1-segments-navi-44-xl-spotted/

First Benchmarks of Qualcomm’s Snapdragon X Plus “X1P-42-100” 8-Core CPU Leak Out, Miserably Low GPU Performance

https://wccftech.com/first-benchmarks-qualcomm-snapdragon-x-plus-8-core-cpu-leak-spectacularly-slow-gpu/

NVIDIA GeForce 256: “The world’s first GPU” marks its 25th anniversary

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-256-the-worlds-first-gpu-marks-its-25th-anniversary#disqus_thread

Alleged PlayStation 5 PRO design leaks out, might be unveiled next month

https://videocardz.com/newz/alleged-playstation-5-pro-design-leaks-out-might-be-unveiled-next-month

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

JEMC said:

In any case, that would be come later, as I still have to start again (and this time finish) Trails in the Sky.

Forgot to respond to this.

You playing the First Chapter or are you on another chapter?

I finished first chapter and it took me 58 hours.

It was kinda dreadful but not as bad as the Legend of Heroes Gagharv trilogy on PSP (which pre-dates Trails in the Sky).

I know there's a remake coming out but I'm planning to re-play the first game (and play the other two) in the future.