By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

BasilZero said:
-Adonis- said:

It seems FF16 and FF9 Remake will also be on Epic first before to be on Steam.

Where'd you hear this from?

Edit: Oh you are talking about the EpicDB leak.

I hope both come to Steam day 1 since it looks like SE is looking to be more multiplat but who knows.

Because it was found on Epic's DB, I'm wondering if SE is taking a part of Epic's "First Round" program. I know Ubi has been making use of it since it started last year, maybe SE is going to do the same?.

I know SE recently said they were going to focus more on multiplat, but Epic's first round is a 6 months deal, instead of a year, and I'm thinking SE likely could see that as a "good enough" small window for multi release scheduling (Speaking business-wise that makes sense, a year is a lot later than 6 months, which is still within the year 1 release calendar). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Personally I have no problem purchasing games on Epic.

Chazore said:

Because it was found on Epic's DB, I'm wondering if SE is taking a part of Epic's "First Round" program. I know Ubi has been making use of it since it started last year, maybe SE is going to do the same?.

I know SE recently said they were going to focus more on multiplat, but Epic's first round is a 6 months deal, instead of a year, and I'm thinking SE likely could see that as a "good enough" small window for multi release scheduling (Speaking business-wise that makes sense, a year is a lot later than 6 months, which is still within the year 1 release calendar). 

Yeah I can see them going for that too.

6 months is better than 3 years (Kingdom Hearts lol).

I have nothing against Epic, I just like the idea of all my games in one place.

Tactics, IMHO, is one of the greatest games ever.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

-Adonis- said:

Chrkeller said:

The reviews for Kingdom Hearts are hilarious lol

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

In case you're not aware of it, GOG Galaxy allows you to synch other platforms like Steam or Epic Store, to have all your games and friends in one place.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Chrkeller said:

In case you're not aware of it, GOG Galaxy allows you to synch other platforms like Steam or Epic Store, to have all your games and friends in one place.

Nice.  I'll have to look into it.  Thanks.  PC is new, I've only been PC for about 8 months.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

-Adonis- said:

That's totally fine.

For me I just don't buy the games, so that's me saving money and them not getting mine lol. If they want my time/money, I'm on Steam/GoG.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Why the Epic hate tho ?

-Adonis- said:

Why the Epic hate tho ?

Because I'm not as forgiving as you are. I remember how I was treated by Epic for years after they abandoned PC gaming, then came back and acted like they were owed a slice of the pie, and I've interacted with Tim before, he's an egotistical guy, not the very nice caring kind of CEO either, and would rather cry wolf to get what he wants (which I find a poor quality in any person to resort to that).

I'm also not a fan of having warring exclusivity wars on an open platform, which left a bad first impression to me when they started their tirade 5 years ago. Times have barely changed for them, and so I just ignore whatever games launch there first, even when they come to Steam, because I'm not about rewarding my time being wasted and my money not worth day 1.