By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Monday news, the third, and also last, part:

Dark and Darker dev claims Nexon's preliminary injunction has been dismissed, court rules that the game 'cannot be considered an infringement of Nexon's copyright or trade secret'
https://www.pcgamer.com/dark-and-darker-dev-claims-nexons-preliminary-injunction-has-been-dismissed-court-rules-that-the-game-cannot-be-considered-an-infringement-of-nexons-copyright-or-trade-secret/
First reported by TheGamer, a member of Dark and Darker developer Ironmace has stated on the game's Discord that they have achieved an early victory in staving off Maplestory publisher Nexon's copyright lawsuit, with a South Korean court dismissing the publisher's preliminary injunction.

Check out this horde survival roguelike where you and your friends are a frog riding on a mech's shoulders
https://www.pcgamer.com/check-out-this-horde-survival-roguelike-where-you-and-your-friends-are-a-frog-riding-on-a-mechs-shoulders/
Back in 2022 the developers of an indie roguelike announced their game Shoulders of Giants by boldly asking this question: "What if a frog piloted a mech?"
They have seemingly found the answer, which is that it would be rad, because now they're releasing two games about a frog on a mech this year, recently dropping a demo for Entropy Survivors, a bullet hellish roguelike where you've got two movesets to switch between: that of gunslinging frog, and that of sword-wielding mech.

Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 creative director outlines its 'visceral immersive combat'
https://www.pcgamer.com/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-creative-director-outlines-its-visceral-immersive-combat/
The latest dev diary for Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 is dedicated to the horror RPG's combat system, outlining three gameplay styles players will be able to choose between. Alex Skidmore, creative director at The Chinese Room, begins with the "strategic stalker" playstyle, which is your stealth assassin package for backstab-likers.

Visual program some adorable robots to heat up a frozen world in Craftomation 101
https://www.pcgamer.com/visual-program-some-adorable-robots-to-heat-up-a-frozen-world-in-craftomation-101/
Upcoming puzzle-crafting-programming game Craftomation 101 gives you a frozen planet, some politely agreeable robots, and a bunch of raw materials. From there it's your job to tell them how to assemble enough heat, power, and industrial materials to bootstrap a terraforming process that'll make this world a warmer place.

The latest update to my favorite indie RPG adds a clockwork police state ruled by a mad god
https://www.pcgamer.com/the-latest-update-to-my-favorite-indie-rpg-adds-a-clockwork-police-state-ruled-by-a-mad-god/
Dread Delusion is one of the games I'm most excited for: a lo-fi, indie take on a Morrowind-style weird fantasy world, the medieval societies clinging to a field of asteroids slowly orbiting a small red star. That world just got a little bit weirder thanks to the addition of Dread Delusion's first new major region since launch, the Clockwork Kingdom.

Mountain keeps, hobbit holes, and sick castles: Enshrouded players are hard at work with that excellent building system
https://www.pcgamer.com/mountain-keeps-hobbit-holes-and-sick-castles-enshrouded-players-are-hard-at-work-with-that-excellent-building-system/
New co-op survival game Enshrouded has been picking up Steam in the past few days, as the survival-crafting action RPG has not just pretty compelling combat but a really nice, rather in-depth building system. Per our predictions last year, Enshrouded's impressive system of terrain alteration and building is giving rise to some truly delightful community creations. I've rounded up some of the best I've seen in the handful of days since release.

Enshrouded's promising early access has a problem—quest progression is server-wide, though Keen Games says a change is 'definitely on the team's radar'
https://www.pcgamer.com/enshroudeds-promising-early-access-has-a-problemquest-progression-is-server-wide-which-means-a-single-player-could-hog-all-the-fun-times-to-themselves/
Enshrouded is in its early access period, and while it's got some refinements to make to its formula, it looks like it's doing well for itself. At the time of writing, the game's rated "Very Positive" on Steam—though early days aren't necessarily a sign of the future.
As spotted by our friends over at Gamesradar, however, one big crease needs ironing out: If one person progresses a quest on your server, it progresses that quest for everybody.
Update, January 29: This article was originally posted on January 26. Soon after, Keen Games replied on Twitter with the following:
**tweet**
This confirms that the game's developer intends to change how quest progression works during Enshrouded's early access period. Original story follows.

Blizzard employee snags a decade of WoW game time just before being laid off, will not have to pay a cent until 2033
https://www.pcgamer.com/blizzard-employee-snags-a-decade-of-wow-game-time-just-before-being-laid-off-will-not-have-to-pay-a-cent-until-2033/
The recent deluge of layoffs at Blizzard (and Microsoft's wider gaming division) has been utterly brutal—especially since several employees uprooted their lives to come and work at the company, with some employed there for just four months.
While there's no way to soften that sort of blow, one crafty ex-Blizzard employee did manage a small win on the way out: Free WoW for a decade. Adam Holisky, the former core technology product lead at Blizzard, posted his last-minute manoeuvre to Twitter late last week.

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League's early access bug shows the need for an offline mode
https://www.pcgamer.com/suicide-squad-kill-the-justice-leagues-early-access-bug-shows-the-need-for-an-offline-mode/
In parts of the world where it's already January 30, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is already available—at least for the eager beavers who pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition. Or it should be available, but in reality nobody can play it because the servers have been taken offline to fix a bug.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Random_Matt said:
JEMC said:

Thanks for answering. Those games you got must have been fairly new when you bought them to come up with that $250 mark... unless it's more like $50.

For old games GOG is the best place to go, no doubts about it, and yeah, a 4090 is a tad overkill for that.

That PS3 still works? Wow. Whoever had it must have taken good care of it.

Decided to buy a brand new CECHA model instead from Solaris Japan. I will build a passive build later on, I still have access to a RX 580 computer for might and magic and whatever else.

I'm not familiar with the different PS3 models, but judging by that A at the end, does it mean that it's one of the fat launch models? Because finding a brand new one of those after so long it's kind of amazing.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Random_Matt said:

Decided to buy a brand new CECHA model instead from Solaris Japan. I will build a passive build later on, I still have access to a RX 580 computer for might and magic and whatever else.

I'm not familiar with the different PS3 models, but judging by that A at the end, does it mean that it's one of the fat launch models? Because finding a brand new one of those after so long it's kind of amazing.

Yep, 60GB launch model. You do find some one eBay occasionally at super dumb prices. £344/$436 was a good price in my opinion. 

Dragon Quest Builders 1 is coming to Steam! About damn time!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2436570/DRAGON_QUEST_BUILDERS/

Random_Matt said:
JEMC said:

Yep, 60GB launch model. You do find some one eBay occasionally at super dumb prices. £344/$436 was a good price in my opinion. 

Value is objective, and all that matters is that you're ok with it and happy with what you get.

In any case, because I didn't say it in my other post, congratulations for your new/old console.

Around the Network

To whom may interest:

More AMD Ryzen 9000 "Zen 5" Desktop Processor Details Emerge
https://www.techpowerup.com/318340/more-amd-ryzen-9000-zen-5-desktop-processor-details-emerge
AMD is looking to debut its Ryzen 9000 series "Granite Ridge" desktop processors based on the "Zen 5" microarchitecture some time around May-June 2024, according to High Yield YT, a reliable source with AMD leaks. These processors will be built in the existing Socket AM5 package, and be compatible with all existing AMD 600 series chipset motherboards. It remains to be seen if AMD debuts a new line of motherboard chipsets. Almost all Socket AM5 motherboards come with the USB BIOS flashback feature, which means motherboards from even the earliest production batches that are in the retail channel, should be able to easily support the new processors.

At the rate I'm going with my PC, I'll finish buying all the parts the week before these new processors launch .

Re:Baldur's Gate sale: Still not going to buy the Enhanced Edition bundle despite the attractive price. I'm still very salty about them taking down the original games in favour of the Enhanced Edition releases at I don't even remember how many times the price, and I don't think it was a common thing back then. If anything, they were a part of creating the problem. I have a very high threshold for buying anything from Beamdog, either now or in the future. Doesn't help that I think I own the original releases of everything Beamdog has to offer (and the first Baldur's Gate is still the only one I've completed...).

BasilZero said:

Dragon Quest Builders 1 is coming to Steam! About damn time!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2436570/DRAGON_QUEST_BUILDERS/

Question is, will it actually be optimised properly this time (like the 2nd one actually still has a bug where you can get soft locked in the game's tutorial and you need to wipe all data to get out of it), and also be priced accordingly (og game is like old at this point). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

Question is, will it actually be optimised properly this time (like the 2nd one actually still has a bug where you can get soft locked in the game's tutorial and you need to wipe all data to get out of it), and also be priced accordingly (og game is like old at this point). 

The game is priced at $27.99 and if you have the 2nd one already in library, it goes down to $24.

I'm gonna end up waiting for a Humble store sale so I can take advantage of the 20% bonus discount.

Unless GMG does something and makes it where its $20.

In comparison to the console versions - the PS4 version goes on sale at the average price of $36 (last sale was December 2023) and the Switch version went on sale last for $35 back in November 2023.

MSRP for PS4 version is $60 while the Switch version is $50.

Last edited by BasilZero - on 29 January 2024

Zkuq said:

Re:Baldur's Gate sale: Still not going to buy the Enhanced Edition bundle despite the attractive price. I'm still very salty about them taking down the original games in favour of the Enhanced Edition releases at I don't even remember how many times the price, and I don't think it was a common thing back then. If anything, they were a part of creating the problem. I have a very high threshold for buying anything from Beamdog, either now or in the future. Doesn't help that I think I own the original releases of everything Beamdog has to offer (and the first Baldur's Gate is still the only one I've completed...).

I've never played any of the games in the series but I am planning to play the first game's enhanced version in the future, was there any issue with the Enhanced edition compared to the original?